UTSA COS Summer Research Experience for 2014
Information for Mentors
Studies indicate that faculty are the most important mentors for college undergraduates. A good mentor can help students understand the system and facilitate career advancement.
- Nature's Guide for Mentors
- Advisor, Teacher, Role Model, Friend: On Being a Mentor to Students in Science and Engineering (National Academies Press)
- Can a White Male Really be an Effective Mentor? (Science Careers)
- Minority Mentoring (National Education Association)
- Retaining Minority Students in Science Departments: A Research-Centered Approach (Science Careers)