Are you interested in enrolling in technical writing classes that come with an accredited university credential upon successful completion? Here is what you need to know about technical writing courses. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of technical writers is expected to grow 18 percent, or faster than the average for all occupations, from now to 2018 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
What are the benefits of enrolling in technical writing courses?
- Technical writing certifications will prepare you for a career in the technical writing field or help you sharpen and advance your present workplace skills.
- Our courses are taught by technical writing faculty with substantial industry experience. You will learn from working experts.
- These programs are a perfect solution for those in industry or someone interested in starting a new consulting and technical writing business.
- Engage in an Anytime-Anywhere Learning Model. You do not have to meet at a specific time, but will still have contact with your technical writing instructor.
- Technical Writing Certification courses are consistently recognized by industry for meeting job required training.
The Writers at Work Certificate Program consists of four 10-hour courses that will allow busy professionals a flexible path toward learning valuable writing techniques. Participants will learn about the writing process with the goal of writing clear, concise and complete documents.
This Certificate Program has been designed for those who lack sufficient experience in the field or those who want to enhance existing careers in technical writing or move in a new direction within the corporate workplace. The Certificate in Technical Writing program is Instructor-Led, meaning you learn from highly qualified industry and tech writing university faculty.
The Certificate in Professional Technical Communication is designed to help new and existing writers work within a range of styles specific to the field of technical writing. This program focuses on advancing writing styles and competencies that impact on technical written reports, project proposals, feasibility studies, website communication, presentations, manuals, and other forms of technical correspondence. A well-rounded technical writer should have knowledge and writing experience across these areas. Not all tech writers will specialize, but just the same it is likely that in ones career you will be called upon to author or edit a particular text. By applying the principles that will be taught, from proposals to magazine articles to user guides and beyond, you can extend your capacity to cover a wide range of projects. No prerequisites are required. Those with industry experience should excel in this rigorous course of Certificate-Based study.
TWC 902 is a comprehensive program that allows to you work at your own pace. Start earning your Certificate today! Take online quizzes to test what you are learning and submit assignments for instructor review. You will focus on performing audience analyses, determining the purpose and structure for technical documents, utilizing visual and document design, and managing complex documentation projects. No prerequisites are required however those with industry experience should excel in this rigorous course of Certificate-Based study. Average completion time, 3 months to 1 year.