The Graduate Management Admission Test® (GMAT®) exam is a computer-adaptive assessment with proven validity in predicting success in the first year of graduate management education. More than 5,900 programs like yours use it as a consistent, objective way to compare aspiring graduate candidates worldwide — no matter what their education, age, gender, or citizenship — and to evaluate whether they are prepared for the rigors of a graduate management program. The exam assesses higher-order reasoning skills: Verbal, Quantitative, Analytical Writing, and Integrated Reasoning.
Why Use GMAT Exam Scores
The two main reasons for using the GMAT exam in admissions are:
- Reliability and validity: The GMAT exam is a reliable, valid measure of skills found to be important in graduate management study. In repeat research studies, GMAT scores have been found to be an accurate predictor of academic success in the first year of an MBA or other graduate management program.
- Standard measurement: Unlike grade point averages (GPA)—which vary in meaning according to the grading standards of each school—GMAT scores provide the same standard for evaluating all test takers. That's why you can feel confident making direct comparisons among applicants' GMAT scores.
The above information is an excerpt from the The Graduate Management Admission Council® website, the non-profit organization of leading graduate management schools around the world.
Extended Education's GMAT Test Prep workshop is an affordable option to help you prepare for the exam. One to two GMAT prep workshops are offered per semester. Cost of the workshop (to include workbook) is $500, unless you qualify for a discount. Taking this workshop does not include the official exam. Find a testing center and schedule an official exam by clicking here.
The Summer Workshop begins Saturday, June 6th
- This GMAT workshop begins Saturday, June 6th with the pre-diagnostic at 10 a.m. at the main campus
- Weekly workshop sessions meet Sundays from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. and Wednesdays from 7-9 p.m.
- The course continues until Saturday, July 25th, ending with a Post-Diagnostic Practice Exam at 10 a.m.
You will receive a workbook, previous exam materials, and over 21+ hours of instruction on powerful test-taking techniques.
LogisticsYou will be emailed information about classroom numbers, directions, and further instructions a week before the class begins. If you do not receive this email, call us directly. Information on can be found on our FAQ page.
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read our withdraw and cancellation policies. The deadline for purchasing parking is two Fridays before the beginning of the program.
Please note that early bird parking prices have ended. Please have a valid credit card ready as you will be providing payment during the registration process.
Please do not hit "Back" during any part of the registration process.
If this time frame does not work for you, please consider our other GMAT Test Prep Workshops:
Our Test Prep Workshops for the Fall 2015 semester are currently being scheduled.
About the Instructor
Adam Johnson provides high quality, affordable standardized test preparation to the San Antonio community. He went to Trinity University on a National Merit Scholarship for outstanding performance on the PSAT, graduating with degrees in both Biology and English. After teaching for several years for a leading test-preparation company, Adam taught English and test-preparation in Valencia, Spain. He has consistently scored in the 99th percentile on standardized tests including a 43 on the MCAT, a perfect 1600 on the GRE, and a perfect 180 on the LSAT. He's not only an expert on the tests that he teaches, but also a devoted and energetic instructor who can communicate strategies to help others improve their scores.
Have any questions about this test preparation workshop? Click here.