The need for healthcare and healthcare professionals is at an all-time high. Learn the skills needed to hit the ground running with a job in one of the nation's biggest industries. Eight of the top twenty fastest growing professions are in the healthcare industry, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Touch lives and make an impact by getting involved in this exciting industry.
Why should you get a certification in one of these courses? Certifications on a resume tell your employers that you understand what you are bringing to the company without going through an extensive Q&A process. According to IDC, 75% of managers say that they screen resumes based on certifications.
Classroom-Style Course Offerings:
Lean healthcare is a philosophy aimed at delivering safe, effective, and efficient service to patients by continuously driving out all forms of waste or non-value adding activities. Typical results include happier and healthier patients as well as financial and cultural organizational benefits. Leaders applying Lean thinking have seen cost reductions of 25-55% and lead time reductions of 50-90% on their Lean projects.
Thinking about applying to med school? You'll definitely want to take advantage of our MCAT Diagnostic & Review. The course begins with an actual MCAT practice exam, and then course participants recieve individual attention and guidance from our instructor on how to best improve their score.
Online Course Offerings:
911 Operator TDD Training: Obtain an overview of the deaf world and those who have limited ability to speak. Understand the special equipment used to communicate with the deaf community. Know the proper protocols to follow when using special equipment to communicate with the deaf community. Learn and practice proper call handling.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification: The BLS course is designed for first-response techniques for cardiac arrest. This includes CPR technique, differences between adult, child and infant resuscitation and recent updates to technique recommendations by the American Heart Association.
- Bloodborne Pathogens: Material covered in the course includes definitions of bloodborne pathogens, modes of transmission, universal precautions, engineering and work practice controls, exposure control plans, hepatitis B vaccinations, and other information needed to ensure worker safety.
- Certificate Course in Electronic Medical Records Administration: This course is approved by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) for 10 continuing education credits (CECs), 7 Technology and the Workplace and 3 Professional Development CECs. Discounts apply for multi-employee enrollments.
- Dental Office Administrative Assistant Certificate Program: The student will learn basic dental anatomy, charting, terminology, communication skills, clinical and information records management, dental insurance processing, financial arrangements, bookkeeping procedures, computerized dental systems and employments skill that will assist in obtaining a position as a dental administrative assistant.
- Essential Legal and Ethical Principles of the Medical Office: This course introduces the basic concept of medical assisting and its relationship to the other health fields. It emphasizes medical ethics, legal aspects of medicine, and the medical assistant's role as an agent of the physician.The course also provides the student with knowledge of medical jurisprudence and the essentials of professional behavior. Topics include: introduction to medical assisting; introduction to medical law; physician/patient/assistant relationship; medical office in litigation; as well as ethics, bioethical issues and HIPAA.
- Expert Certificate Course in Medical Billing: This course is designed to help you learn all of the clerical functions that a medical biller performs in order to process the HCFA-1500 form quickly and accurately. It also covers understanding source documents and the insurance "claim cycle", claim submission, the TRICARE and CHAMPVA programs, workers comp programs, receiving payments and problem solving, as well as learning how to work with others from staff and patients to insurance company representatives.
- Medical Coding Certificate Program: Work Environment Medical Coders work with little supervision in physician’s offices, and many are self-employed. Take three courses to earn a certificate of completion for this program: Medical Terminology Training, Comprehensive Medical Coding Training, and Understanding Health Insurance: A Guide To Professional Billing & Coding.
- Pharmacy Technician National Certification Exam Preparation Course: Pharmacology can be an intimidating subject, but not when you are reading our material! Every section is written in easy-to-understand language. You will study side effects, drug interactions, mechanisms of action and other important information about major drug classifications. The National focuses heavily on math and because of this, the Calculations Review by itself is worth the price of this course! Most Pharmacy Technicians are not confident in their ability to perform difficult Pharmacy Calculations. Teaching calculations is definitely our specialty!
- Phlebotomy Technician Career Training: This comprehensive course provides instruction in the skills needed for the proper collection of blood and other specimens used for diagnostic testing. Emphasis is placed on ethics, legalities, medical terminology, safety and universal precautions, health care delivery systems, patient relations, anatomy and physiology, and specimen collection. Upon completion, students will be able to demonstrate competency in the theoretical comprehension of phlebotomy techniques.
- Spanish for Health Professionals (Intermediate) Self-Directed: Students who sucessfully complete this course will become competent, intermediate-level speakers of medical Spanish, and find themselves ready for an advanced-level course.
- Understanding Health Insurance: A Guide To Professional Billing & Coding: This quick yet comprehensive course will prepare you very well for anything that requires medical billing expertise.