Chapter 4 - Personnel General
Publication Date: October 18, 1999
Responsible Executive: VP for Business Affairs
4.28 Assignments to Downtown Campus
- All non-faculty and faculty employees shall be subject to assignments at any UTSA facility as the operating needs of the University require.
- Ordinary travel to an assigned work location is not reimbursable. Travel between the UTSA 1604 Campus and UTSA Downtown Campus is not reimbursable. UTSA provides shuttle service between UTSA 1604 Campus and UTSA Downtown Campus and travel by other means is not reimbursable. Employees who travel for meetings, and/or training not between UTSA facilities will be reimbursed.Exceptions to the policy prohibiting travel reimbursement for ordinary travel between UTSA facilities must be approved by the appropriate executive officer. Each exception will be reviewed on a case by case basis by the appropriate executive officer or designee. (Example: If an employee must carry university equipment larger than a laptop computer to perform job duties, the appropriate executive officer or designee may review such case.)
- Faculty Teaching The assumption that there is a single UTSA faculty
that will teach at two different locations implies
that most faculty members may expect, at some point in
their career, to teach at the Downtown Campus.
- Faculty assigned to teach at the UTSA Downtown Campus will have the same career development opportunities available to them as are available to faculty at the UTSA Campus.
- Assignment of faculty to teach at the UTSA Campus or the Downtown Campus is the responsibility of the appropriate Department Chair and College Dean.