2013 International Education Week Photo Contest
Help celebrate International Education Week: Enter your photos!!
Top 10 student entries and top 3 faculty/staff entries will be displayed in a Gallery 23 art show!
- Participants must be current UTSA students, faculty or staff.
- Photos must be original work.
- Photos must not have appeared previously in a gallery showing or other professional setting.
- Entries should represent a global or cross-cultural experience. Images may have people in them, but should have a more artistic take. Please, no group shots in front of monuments or deer-in-headlights, grip-and-grin photos.
- All images should be taken outside of the United States. (Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories are considered part of the United States.)
- No more than 5 entries per person.
- Entries must be received no later than noon (12 p.m.) October 1, 2013; emailed to Sherrie.Matthews@utsa.edu. Type IEW PHOTO CONTEST in the subject line.
- Submissions must include title, your biographical information, and the essay in the body of the email and include your photo as a .jpg or .tiff attachment.
HOW TO NAME YOUR DIGITAL FILE:
- Your images must be capable of being printed in a large format. We request that all images submitted be capable of being printed as an 11 x 14 image (2100 x 1650 pixels).
- Images need to be 10 to 12 megabytes for the Gallery 23 show.
- Images can be submitted in jpeg or tiff format, as a color (RGB) or black and white (grayscale) image.
Entries must include:
- Each image's title, location, date taken
- Your name, major, and graduation year; faculty/staff: include your title and department
- The email address you check most frequently
- A 100-word essay that explains how the photo "celebrates the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide."(Winning entries will have these essays included in the gallery program for the Gallery 23 exhibit. )
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: By entering photos into our contest, you are giving UTSA permission to use the images for future promotional and educational purposes. Your images may appear in UTSA publications, marketing materials and on various UTSA websites and social media networks.
By submitting your photo, entrants are agreeing that they grant The University of Texas at San Antonio royalty-free use of submitted photographs in displays and in print and electronic publications.