UTSA

A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT | NOVEMBER 2011


Dear Friends,

 

The renowned poet Maya Angelou said, "One must know not just how to accept a gift, but with what grace to share it."

 

UTSA receives many gifts each year in many forms. They come through legislative appropriations and tuition, which account for 70 percent of the cost of education; the remaining 30 percent comes from individual donors, foundations, businesses, alumni and other friends of UTSA, for which we are grateful.

 

Gifts come to the university in the form of the many hours that our faculty, staff and volunteers devote to providing the best educational experience and services for UTSA students, who are at the heart of everything we do.

 

Thanksgiving is a time to make note of the many gifts we receive, no matter what their form and no matter what challenges we face. I'm thankful for and inspired by the many UTSA community members and supporters who work to help make the world a better place.

 

Harriett and I wish each of you a joyous and peaceful Thanksgiving and holiday season. Please enjoy the company of your loved ones, be safe, be grateful and take time to reflect on the blessings and gifts we receive each day.

 

Best wishes,

 

Ricardo Romo
President,

The University of Texas at San Antonio

 

 

President Romo

© The University of Texas at San Antonio | One UTSA Circle, San Antonio TX 78249 |
Information: 210-458-4011 | UTSA Police: 210-458-4242
Email Preferences | Privacy Policy