Data Governance and Integrity
This initiative will establish a data governance platform with diverse participation founded on data integrity that yields timely performance indicators and provides actionable information. The ultimate goal is to enhance effective decision making at all levels across the institution while securing our digital resources.
The initiative is structured on three pillars:
- Data Governance Council
- Data Support for Current Initiatives
- Risk and Compliance Data Task Force
Under the Data Governance Council, two more groups will be formed:
The Data Governance Technical Task Force will include technical members who have IT-type, script writing skills, and software admin access to software platforms where metrics reside.
Data Governance College Leads will include a member from each college who can interpret metrics, understand connectivity among metrics, see anomalies when data set does not look healthy, disseminate metrics and reports to those who need them in a timely manner, and provide feedback.
Meeting Minutes, Documents and Presentations
- Form the Data Governance Council and Identify the Performance Indicators and their data sources
- Continue supporting data needs of current initiatives
- Form the Data Governance Technical Task Force and Data Governance College Leads Develop working principles for these groups
- Develop dashboards based on performance indicators for different user profiles
- Form the Risk and Compliance Data Task Force and identify compliance performance indicators
- Based on experience acquired since June 2018, generate institutional policies on software purchases, software upgrades and software revisions/interfaces
- Evaluate progress and reset goals and objectives to make Data Governance an institutional continuous effort.