10 Social Media Trends for 2017
The following is excerpted from an article written by Nicole Teeters.
- Facebook is very, very quickly becoming a video-centric platform.
- Instagram continues to be the most effective platform for brands.
- GIFs and emojis bring more personality to how customers express themselves.
- Social storytelling is becoming more informal.
- Artificial intelligence is coming to social in a big way.
- Users are gaining control of their own social user experience.
- Niche social platforms will rise in relevancy.
- Sharing isn’t being “shared” with the public as much.
- Virtual and augmented reality are about to arrive.
- Finding zen amid the social noise.
Submitted by —
Assistant Dean of Students
Director of the Student Leadership Center & Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion