Staff Connections Team
- Team Overview
- Events Calendar
The Staff Connections Team (SCT) creates opportunities for staff to interact with each other to build connections and support professional development and personal growth. Staff are encouraged to explore various connecting activities including joining our team to help create and launch new initiatives.
The division’s connection activities were created to allow student affairs employees the opportunity to meet regularly, build connections, and support one another's professional development and personal growth. We believe that connections occur throughout the various job roles within the division. Therefore, interested employees should try one or more connections (activities) on for size and see which ones are the best fit. The SCT welcomes new recommendations and encourages anyone interested in creating a connection to join our team and help launch new activities.
Every fall semester Student Affairs departments come together and make a difference in the community during the holiday season! Departments may choose to adopt seniors, small families, or large families through Family Services. We are committed to providing one new gift for each family member; though extra gifts of gently used items can be donated in addition to the new gift per family member.
The Staff Connections Team is also working to create volunteer opportunities for Student Affairs members to participate at the San Antonio Food Bank and Haven for Hope.
Are you ready to play some real bowling? Gather your office and/or department and form teams to compete for some fun prizes and bragging rights! This Annual event will be held at a Bowling Alley off campus where staff and family are welcome to attend and participate!
The purpose of Lunch Time Trivia is to provide opportunities for Student Affairs staff to have fun while informally enjoying lunch and connecting in a stress-free environment. The program consists of providing some lunch for participants and creating teams to participate in multiple rounds of various pop culture trivia topics.
Come join us when we try a new restaurant, enjoy an old favorite, check out First Friday, or a sporting event. Frequently there will be opportunities for staff to connect in a social and relaxed atmosphere with fellow colleagues. Locations will vary, so stay tuned! Spouses and significant others are welcome.
The Staff Connections Team encourages Student Affairs staff to participate in these campus wide events.
- UTSA Family Fest - a family friendly event held at the downtown campus in mid October.
- Celebrate UTSA - a celebration of the diversity of UTSA, held in the UC Paseo in mid November.
- Diploma Dash – 5K run/walk hosted by UTSA Alumni to raise money for scholarships, held in March.
- United to Serve – UT System-wide day of community service for all community members, held in April.
- Lunch Time Trivia: Tuesday, September 9, 12pm-1pm, Harris Room
- UTSA Watch Party: Saturday, September 13, 5:30pm, University Bowl, 11th Frame
- Lunch Time Trivia: Wednesday, October 8, 12pm-1pm, Pecan Room
- Adopt-a-Family: October 1-31 (Department Request Forms to go out to the Division)
- Reverse Trick-or-Treating in Student Affairs: October 31, All Offices
- Staff Connections Team to deliver candy in costume to all departments!
- All of the Division is encouraged to dress up!
- Lunch Time Trivia: Wednesday, November 12, 12pm-1pm, Willow Room
- Adopt-a-Family: Mid-November (Departments are notified of their assignments.)
- Spurs Watch Party: Wednesday, November 9, 6:00pm, Location: TBD
- Rowdy Rec Run: November 8, would love to see our various departments create teams!
- Adopt-a-Family: December 10/17 (will know exact date in November)
- Delivery of all gifts to Family Services
- Really need the help of departments to deliver gifts along with our Staff Connections Team members!
- Charlin Jones
- Jonathan (JB) Bange
- Norma Castillo
- Lara Crouch
- Carlos Garcia
- Carol Gonzalez
- Renee Hopkins
- Jeffrey Lemaster
- Alejandra Perez
- Rob Ramon
- Ana Rodriguez
- Marshal Uhlig
How to Contact Us
If you're interested in joining the Staff Connections Team or have any questions or comments, please contact Charlin Jones.