Info for Grads
Class of 2021
Spring 2021 in-person ceremonies will take place May 14–16 at various locations on the Main Campus. Identify your individual Commencement ceremony by your Academic College and first letter of your last name. Unfortunately, due to space limitations, we are unable to switch your assigned ceremony date and time. Doctoral graduates will have a separate ceremony.
Class of 2020
Ceremonies for graduates who earned their degrees in 2020 will be held May 21–23, also at various locations on the Main Campus. All the same guidelines listed below for Spring 2021 Commencement apply to the Class of 2020 Commencement ceremonies.
Class of 2020 graduates must RSVP for their ceremony on RowdyLink. Reservations are open now.
Bachelor’s and master's graduates should RSVP for one of the ceremonies associated with their academic college at the time of graduation. Choose one of the available ceremony time slots. Graduates must select only from ceremonies designed for their academic college. Each college will have multiple ceremonies.
Doctoral graduates should RSVP for the doctoral ceremony.
To RSVP, an active UTSA ID and passphrase are required. Instructions are below.
Before beginning the RSVP process. Ensure that you have an active UTSA ID (abc123) and passphrase. All members of the UTSA community were required to reset their passphrase in January 2021.
- Go to the Passphrase portal to reset your passphrase.
- If you need assistance, view the troubleshooting information or contact Tech Café:
Continue to RSVP on RowdyLink
RSVP for the Class of 2020 ceremony for your academic college using RowdyLink.
- Locate the ceremonies listed for your college. All ceremonies are listed on the Commencement home page.
- Select the ceremony from your college. Some colleges may have more than one option for ceremony start times. Select one.
- Click Sign In to RSVP.
- Log in with your UTSA ID (abc 123) and passphrase
- Click “I will be attending” and select the button labeled RSVP to event.
- Following your submission, you will see a blue bar at the bottom of your screen thanking you for your RSVP and a confirmation email will be sent.
- You can download event date and time for your ceremony to your calendar and return to the event to review details any time.
For questions about the RSVP process unrelated to passphrase resets, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Ceremonies for the Class of 2021 and Class of 2020
All ceremonies will be livestreamed for real-time viewing by family and friends. To promote the safety of our graduates and volunteer organizers, we are limiting guests to two individuals per graduate. Those two guests must arrive with the graduate and participate in a COVID screening process upon arrival.
Check the Guest Protocols page for more information about protocols for guests and how to involve your family and friends in your celebration.
- Graduates will cross the stage and have their name called.
- Graduates and their two guests will be seated together. Groups will be physically distanced from one another.
- We encourage graduates and guests to wear a mask. Ceremony staff in the venues will be wearing masks.
- Graduates will wear a cap and gown.
- Each ceremony should last about 60-90 minutes
Preparing for your ceremony
- Watch Grad Fest online: https://www.utsa.edu/commencement/grads/gradfest.html.
- Check the date, time and location of your ceremony.
- Order your regalia, announcements and other supplies.
- Doors will open one hour prior to the start of each ceremony.
- Plan to arrive at the location with your two guests so you are in your seat 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony. Review guest protocols with your guests before arriving.
- Bring your cell phone to stay in touch with family watching the livestream.
- Leave all bags and personal belongings at home or in your car.
Parking will be available on the Main Campus. Graduates will not need a parking permit to park near the ceremony location. Anyone parking in a space reserved for the disabled will need a valid placard or plate to park in those spaces.
A physically distanced photo with the Dean will be taken at the staging area and our official photographers, Flash Photography, will be at all ceremonies to capture your official graduation photo.
The Student Union Ski Lodge will be set up as traditional commencement stage from April 4–May 23. Graduates will be able to easily access the space during any of the building’s operating hours. Graduates are welcome to bring along guests for photos, etc.