What to Expect
What should I expect when contacting and visiting the Ombuds Office? The Ombuds carries out duties in an informal and neutral manner. Your interaction with the Ombuds will be a brainstorming session to try to develop options that will work best for you. Remember, it’s voluntary. Below is a short list of the experience you may have:
- You contact the Ombuds office via email or phone.
- You can set an appointment to meet or discuss your concern by phone.
- Your concerns are listened too.
- The Ombuds will clarify and discuss University policy and procedures.
- Together, you and the Ombuds will identify and evaluate options that will allow you to make an informed decision on how to move forward.
- The Ombuds may coach, role-play, reality check to improve your approach and communication skills.
- Ultimately, it is up to you on how to proceed.