Events Planning and GuidelinesMarch 17, 2020
Given San Antonio’s announced restrictions on large events, all UTSA events expected to draw more than 50 people must be postponed, canceled or conducted virtually.
UTSA’s Fiesta event (Día en la Sombrilla) will be rescheduled for a later date, and all UTSA sporting events are suspended.
For events under 50 people, event organizers are asked to consider the following before deciding whether to move forward:
- Can the event be easily converted to teleconferencing, group chats or live streaming as alternatives to in-person gatherings?
- Is there enough physical space to practice social distancing?
- Can an isolated room be provided should someone show symptoms of being ill?
- Can sanitizing stations be readily available?
Guidelines for Event Planning
- Implement a no handshake policy at the event
- Implement social distancing [stand or sit a minimum of 3 feet away from people] and minimize physical contact
- Discourage people who are sick from attending the event
- Have an isolated room should someone display symptoms or become ill
- Maintain a list with contact information of all attendees
- Minimize communal food
Event organizers are encouraged to discuss plans with their department and division leadership given that there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
Upcoming Town Halls
Tuesday, April 7 | 2-3 p.m.
Dealing with Distractions in the Home Work Environment
Wednesday, April 8 | 2-3 p.m.
Wellbeing in the Midst of a Pandemic
Thursday, April 9 | 2-3 p.m.
More information coming soon!