1.3 - Group Usage of the University Center:
- University Groups
- Sponsored and registered student organizations
- Registered university, faculty and staff organizations
- University departments and administrative units
- Non-University Groups
- Non-university groups seeking event space for private events, meetings or gatherings may use the UC as a Special Use Facility as outlined in section 3 of this policy.
- Non-university groups invited to campus by University departments or units may use the UC through the joint sponsorship process as outlined at http://utsa.edu/events/cohost.
- Special Events / Weddings
- The UC may be used by individuals or groups not affiliated with the University through the building's status as a Special Use Facility as outlined in the UTSA Handbook of Operating Procedures (HOP 8.06).
- The UC may also be used for weddings pursuant to Board of Regents' Rules and Regulations 80108 and authorization by the university President.
- Academic Classes
- Academic classes, lectures, laboratories, tests, or any type of class for credit may NOT be scheduled in the UC except under special circumstances.
- A formal request must be submitted to UC Administration a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the initial class. The University must pay an agreed upon amount for any academic class to meet in the UC since the facility is funded by a legislatively defined fee for specific purposes.
Related BORR, HOP or other Policies:
Use of University Center Facilities, UTSA HOP 5.07
Use of Facilities for Purposes Other than Classroom Instruction, HOP 8.06
UT System Board of Regents' Rules and Regulations 80108
Last Revised: 8/2/12