5.4 - Table Tents:
The table tent policy was developed by the University Center (UC) consistent with the UTSA Handbook of Operating Procedures (HOP) 9.09 - University Posting of Materials. This policy will allow the UC to regulate event promotions, commercial materials, and advertisement of UC tenant services, as well as maintain a clutter free environment within the UC.
Groups who may use table tents in the UC:
- Table tents in the UC are for the primary purpose of promoting services, events and activities held in the UC.
- The UC Program Council (UCPC) shall be the primary event sponsor for any advertised event.
- The Office of Student Activities, Student Leadership Center, Inclusion and Community Engagement Center, and any Student Life department may use UC table tents to promote campus-wide events.
- University Center tenants and service providers.
Table Tent Reservations:
How to reserve
Reservations for table tent usage in UC public lounges and gallerias must be made by contacting the UC Information Center at email@example.com from a valid UTSA e-mail address. Requests must include the following information in the body of the e-mail:
- Name of person submitting reservation
- Submitter's contact information
- Name of group or organization
- Brief description of what is to be advertised
- Desired start date
- Organizations desiring table tent space in the food court must contact University Dining Services.
Length of reservation
Table tents will be displayed weekly, beginning Sunday and ending Saturday, and will be reviewed each week by UC staff.
Approved Table Tent Areas:
All tabletop space in the areas listed below must be reserved by contacting the appropriate office:
- UC public lounges and gallerias – reserved through UC Info located on level 1 of UC North near the Fiesta Dancers Entrance, 210-458-4735 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UC food court - contact Business Auxiliary Services and ARAMARK in MS 1.05
Table tents are not permitted in elevators, restrooms, stairwells, sidewalks, break rooms or UC meeting spaces except as permitted by the UC director or designee.
- Sponsored student organizations must receive approval from the Office of Student Activities prior to requesting space for table tents.
- UC tenants and service providers must obtain internal approvals before placing table tents.
- All table tents must be displayed within established UTSA policies and procedures:
- A final version of the table tent must be provided to the UC director, assistant director for marketing & communications or designee with a copy of the reservation confirmation a minimum of seven (7) days before the reservation is made.
- Table tents will be limited to two (2) per table.
- Table tents will be a maximum of 6.5" x 4.25" for UC Food Court areas and 4.5" x 5.5" to 5" x 7" (width and height) for all other UC areas where table tents are permitted. The UC will determine appropriate dimensions in relation to size of display area.
- Table tents may be one (1) to four (4) sided.
- Table tents must be printed on card stock, sufficient to withstand handling, and able to maintain appearance over the duration of the posting.
- Table tents must include the name of the sponsoring organization, event/program name, date, time and location and shall advertise a program, activity or event within the UC.
It is the responsibility of the sponsor to ensure table tents displayed remain neat, clean and contain appropriate content in accordance with UC/UTSA policy and procedures at all times. Damaged or defaced table tents will be removed without notice. Sponsors may replace damaged or stolen table tents no more than twice over the period of the table tent reservation.
There are no fees for approved groups to reserve table tent space.
The UC reserves the right to cancel existing reservations and deny future table tent requests to groups not adhering to policies. Unapproved table tents will be removed and discarded without notice.
Last Revised: 8/13/12