Conflict of Interest in Research and Intellectual Property Committee (CCOI)
The Committee on Conflict of Interest in Research & Intellectual Property is charged with the responsibility to:
- Promote research objectivity by eliminating or minimizing potential conflicts of interest.
- Foster Intellectual Property through eliminating or minimizing potential conflicts of interest.
- Develop campus-wide conflict of interest policies and procedures to identify, manage, and monitor possible conflicts of interest related to research and intellectual property.
- Develop education and training programs related to conflict of interest in research and intellectual property for the University community.
- Monitor federal requirements and periodically review and advise the University administration of recommended revisions and modifications to the University's conflict of interest in research and intellectual property policies and procedures.
Voting Members, as follows:
7 members (voting), one from each College of the University, and an alternate for each
Community member not otherwise affiliated with the University (voting member and one alternate)
VP for Community Services representative (voting member and one alternate)
Institutional Review Board representative (voting member and one alternate)