For overview information, pre-requisites and holistic planning for nursing school, please click the “Nursing Handout” link for a printable version.
Click for printable version: Nursing Handout
As a student at UTSA, there are a variety of registered UTSA student organizations available for students to be involved with during their college experience. For a full listing of all student organizations including health professions based organizations, please utilize the Student Activities website: https://utsa.collegiatelink.net/Organizations (Click “Health Professions” Categories)
For full information regarding UTSA Student Activities:http://utsa.edu/sa/
Information on Facilitated Acceptance to Nursing School (FANS) coming soon!
The UHPO keeps and maintains resources that will be available to students in our office. These include books, journals, handouts, and other resources. Useful information about nursing as a profession and other BSN Nursing Programs can be found on websites including:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing - www.aacn.nche.edu
- American Academy of Nursing - www.aannet.org
- American Nurses Association - www.ana.org
- National League for Nursing - www.nln.org
- Texas Nurses Association - www.texasnurses.org
- Nurses for a Healthier Tomorrow - www.nursesource.org
- National Student Nurses Association - www.nsna.org
- TEAS Testing Information - www.teastest.org
- TEAS Testing Resources - www.atitesting.com
In the “overview” section above, please click the “Nursing Handout” link for a printable version of the required prerequisites for the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA). Please note that prerequisites are subject to change and we encourage all prospective students to review each schools prerequisites and requirements individually.
To search for all Nursing Schools in Texas and nationally please visit:
https://www.aacn.nche.edu/about-aacn/member-schools (Click “Texas” and “Entry-Level BSN”)
http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ (Click “About AACN” and “Member Program Directory”)