Health Professions Advising and Resources
How To Schedule an Appointment
To schedule a Health Professions Advising Appointment please follow these steps
Log into Handshake https://utsa.joinhandshake.com/login (log in using your MyUTSA ID and password).
- Once in your Handshake profile, select Career Center
- Select Appointments and Schedule New Appointment
- Go to “Health Professions" appointment center
- Under "Appointments/ Choose Appointment Type" All appointment should be Health Professions- General Advising unless a specialized appointment type (see below) is needed.
- Schedule Appointment with Designated Advisor
- Students may request a Virtual or In-person Appointment beginning this fall. In-person appointment options will be available only on select days, please check modality options in Handshake.
- Communication regarding scheduled appointments will be sent via Handshake or directly to your @my.utsa.edu email. Please read our policies for Appointments, No Shows, and Cancellations.
Specialized Appointment types
- Orientation Advising (for new FR, FT, and TR admits attending Orientation programming)
- JAMP program Advising – Appointments Scheduled with Tracy Walton
- DEAP program Advising
- Early Acceptance Program (RCEAP, PTEAP, & MLSEAP) Advising
- Joint MDST-BSN Pathway Advising
- Application Review and Committee Letter Advising
- Interview Preparation
- Alumni Health Professions Advising (criteria must have graduated from UTSA)
The Health Professions office holds weekly virtual drop-in advising on Wednesday. Students are welcome to drop by and speak with an available advisor. No appointment needed
Please see our homepage for times and the Zoom meeting link.
Health Professions Guides
Click on your desired health profession below to learn more about degree and career options, application timelines, pre-requisite coursework, and other resources.