Skip to Search Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content

Insurance for Classified Student Positions 

Graduate Research Assistant (GRA's) and Teaching Assistant (TA's)

If you're a graduate student assigned to work in an academic title for at least 20 hours a week for at least 4.5 months (135 calendar days), you're eligible for the same insurance benefits as other current employees. Review the information below to learn more about your insurance benefits and their costs.

If you are in a student position and not eligible for employee benefits, coverage can be obtained through the Student Health Insurance.

Information about insurance requirements for international students is available from UTSA International Gateway – (Required Health Insurance Coverage Link here )

Please call us at (210) 458-4250 anytime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or you may submit a ticket using Ask HR Online Support.

Updated: December 14,, 2016