Employee Benefits News Archive
UT FLEX Deadlines for FY2013-2014
Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA):
- There is a Grace Period for the HCRA; therefore, HCRA enrollees may submit claims incurred through 11/15/2014
- HCRA claims must be filed no later than 11/30/2014
Dependent Day Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA):
- DCRA claims must have been incurred no later than 8/31/2014
- DCRA claims must be filed no later than 11/30/2014
Free Smoking/Tobacco Cessation Program available to all UT SELECT members
Every year, on the third Thursday of November, smokers across the nation take part in the American Cancer Society Great American Smokeout. They may use the date to make a plan to quit, or plan in advance and then quit smoking that day. The Great American Smokeout challenges people to stop using tobacco and helps people know about the many tools they can use to quit and stay quit.
In many towns and communities, local volunteers use this day to publicize the need to quit, and press for laws that control tobacco use and discourage teens from starting, and support people who want to quit.
Every year in the U.S. over 392,000 people die from tobacco-caused disease, making it the leading cause of preventable death. Another 50,000 people die from exposure to secondhand smoke. Tragically, each day thousands of kids still pick up a cigarette for the first time. The cycle of addiction, illness and death continues. What can be done to stop smoking? The University of Texas System is committed to helping smokers quit by offering our UT SELECT medical covered members with Free Smoking/Tobacco Cessation Programs and Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT).
See details of resources available:
- UT SELECT FREE Tobacco Cessation Program. Quitting smoking takes desire, determination and support. That’s why UT SELECT has developed a motivational toolkit that can help members who are ready to take steps toward this major lifestyle change. Guidance and support with licensed wellness coaches is available by calling 1-800-462-3275.
- The UT SELECT Prescription Drug plan covers the following medications at a $0 copayment when they are used for prevention as noted. To receive these medications at a $0 copayment, you must have an authorized prescription for the product and it must be dispensed by a participating mail or retail pharmacy.
- Nicotrol NS: 90-day supply in any 365-day period.
- Nicotrol Inhaler: 90-day supply in any 365-day period.
- Zyban: 90-day supply in any 365-day period.
- Nicorette Gum /Lozenge: 90-day supply in any 365-day period.
- Nicotine Transdermal System: 90-day supply in any 365-day period.
- Chantix: 180-days supply in any 365-day period. For clients who cover OTC nicotine gum, lozenges and patches.
- Living Well Tobacco Cessation Resources Video: Watch this 60 second video to learn more Free Smoking/Tobacco Cessation Program available to all UT SELECT members. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDr6oJXqfbg&index=1&list=PLYy65ZIXd9rcW_N5OeeT6vF3wh-AJWM99
In addition to UTSA’s Tobacco Cessation program, UT Benefits can help you and your covered dependents with smoking and tobacco cessation benefits available to all UT SELECT medical plan members. UT SELECT offers licensed tobacco cessation coaches, online self-paced tools, and pharmaceutical therapy, including nicotine replacement therapy. [learn more http://www.livingwell.utsystem.edu/tobacco.htm]
New! Effective September 1, 2014
UT Select BCBS Benefits Value Advisors help you maximize your health coverage.
Watch the video to learn more: http://www.bcbstx.com/ut/
Annual Enrollment for Plan Year 2014-2015
Ended at midnight July 31, 2014[read more]
June 2014: Earn your $25 gift card reward! Complete the online health assessment and a preventive exam with your healthcare provider by August 31, 2014. [read more]
Living Well, Moving Well : The 2014 UT System Physical Activity Challenge
Registration is open now through May 7 for 2014 UT System Physical Activity Challenge!... BUT register early and you can receive a free pedometer to help you track your steps. Quantities are limited, so be sure to register and get your pedometer as soon as possible. To find out where to pick up your pedometer at your institution, contact email@example.com.
Living Well, Moving Well is a six-week Physical Activity Challenge beginning on May 1.
Saturday April 26 is National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. Between 10AM and 2PM on April 26, bring your unwanted prescription drugs to a collection site near you.
Properly disposing of medicines is important to human health and the environment. If you dispose of drugs on your own, check out these tips from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (PDF).
Annual Enrollment for Plan Year 2014-2015
Annual Enrollment (AE) is the period when you can change your employer group insurance benefit elections and add, update or remove dependents from coverage. The period to update your changes is July 15 to July 31.
November 15, 2013: UT FLEX Grace Period and Claim Filing Deadline [Read more]
October 29, 30, & 31, 2013: The flu vaccination is fully covered by your UT SELECT benefits. For more info on Flu Shot Clinics at UTSA, visit http://wellness.utsa.edu/
October 2013: Would you like to lose weight, gain strength, or just feel better? As a member of the UT SELECT medical plan, you and your dependents receive access to free online nutrition tools and resources to help you reach your goals. View video
October 26th 2013: National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. Enter your ZIP code to find your nearest collection site.
September 2013: Help to keep your child safe in the car by choosing the right car seat and installing it properly. Visit SaferCar.gov to find out which type of restraint is appropriate for your child, based on his/her age and size. April 2-4, 2013: UTSA is hosting the 2nd annual Rowdy Wellness Week during National Public Health Week. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to learn about the importance of early detection, research and innovation, health maintenance, stress reduction and staying fit. To learn more, please visit http://utsa.edu/recreation/wellnessweek.pdf
March 1, 2013: The Dallas Region of the Social Security Administration will be hosting a webinar, Social Security: Approaching Retirement on Friday, March 1, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. Click Here to View the Webinar!
February 2013: San Antonio is one of six finalist cities bidding to host the 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials for Swimming, and San Antonio Sports needs your help to convince USA Swimming officials that San Antonio is the right host. Just imagine cheering on the best swimmers in the nation as they vie for a spot on the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team in our Alamodome.
January 2013: SA Metro Health releases statement regarding influenza vaccines…[read more] Flu shots & nasal flu mist are 100% covered under UT Select medical plan. [Read more] [News Release]
January 2013 - EAP On-Site Winter Holidays office hours:
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) office at the Main Campus and the Downtown Campus will be closed during the UTSA Winter Holidays (December 25th, December 27th, January 1st and January 3rd).
However, Deer Oaks will continue to offer services off site, online and by telephone. For assistance during the holidays, we encourage you to contact Deer Oaks (EAP Provider) at (210) 615-8880 or 1-866-327-2400 or visit their website at www.deeroaks.com.
Regular EAP on-site counseling services will resume on Tuesday, January 8, 2013.
Updated: August 1, 2014