Employee Educational Benefit Program - EEB
The Employee Educational Benefit program allows eligible employees to achieve professional growth and greater job satisfaction by enrolling in traditional degree programs, job-related courses, or job-related certificate courses/programs at UTSA
- Eligible employees may receive tuition assistance for job related degree program and classes.
- Accepted as UTSA Student
- Currently employed in Benefits Eligible position and have been for the last 6 consecutive months
- Meet successful class completion standards
Degree program, or classes if non-degree student
- Must be related to current or prospective job duties
- Requires approval from Supervisor
Successful Completion Standards (as reviewed by Financial Aid)
- Classes are completed, not dropped or listed as incomplete
- Employee receives a letter grade of C or above
(Specific programs may require higher grade)
- Employee remains in a benefit eligible position through the semester
- If standards are not met
- Funds requested under the EEB Program will be revoked
- Employee will be responsible for any funds due
Academic Year Standards
- Limited to a total of 12 hours per academic year beginning Fall semester and ending Summer Semester
- Unused credits cannot be carried over to the next academic year
Enrollment during normal working hours
- Employee may request time during the regular work week to attend classes.
- No more than three (3) hours a week during the Fall and Spring Semesters only.
- Must be supervisor approved before enrolling.
Faculty as Students
- Faculty shall obtain written approval from the Department Chair and Dean prior to enrolling in or auditing a class
- Tenured and tenure-track faculty member may not pursue an advanced degree at UTSA.
- Tenured and tenure track faculty members are required to obtain prior written approval of the Department Chair, Dean, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and the President prior to enrolling in classes with the intent of obtaining an undergraduate degree.
- A non-tenure track faculty member wishing to pursue an Advanced Degree at UTSA must be recommended by their Department Chair, and the recommendation must be approved in writing by the appropriate Dean.
Questions? Please review the EEB FAQ or contact UTSA Employee Relations at x7891.
Updated: October 05, 2015