Day O.N.E. @ UTSA - Orientation for New Employees
FAQ’s for Staff Supervisors
- How do I schedule a New Benefits Eligible STAFF employee for Day O.N.E. @ UTSA?
Once the Hiring Proposal has been approved by Human Resources, the hiring manager or designee will need to complete the hiring form. The link can be found through the HP approval email.
- How do I schedule a New Benefits Eligible Employee that is NOT hired through STARS?
Departments will need to contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call extension 4648 with the email address and telephone number of the new employee. We will send them an invitation to Day O.N.E. via email. Departments will need to create the assignments in HRMS and route it through to Human Resources.
- What if I have problems with the hiring form?
Step by step instructions for the hiring form are located on the Human Resources website. You can also contact the Day O.N.E. staff for assistance, by email at email@example.com, or telephone at 210-458-4648. Contact Us
- Who creates the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) assignment?
New benefits eligible Staff employees that are hired through STARS will have their assignments created by the Human Resources Department. Post -Docs and Research Fellows will have their assignments created by the hiring department.
- What are the orientation dates?
Day ONE schedule
- Who sends the offer letter to the employee?
The offer letter will be sent out to the new hire by the Human Resources Department NOT the hiring department.
- What is a benefits eligible employee?
An employee who is hired to work at least 20 hours per week for 4 ½ months or longer (135 days) and who has competitively bid on the position for which they were hired.
- How long is orientation?
Orientation is scheduled from 8:30-4:30 and is conducted in two sessions:
- In the morning session your new employee will receive an employment overview, benefits summary, and complete their necessary paperwork.
- In the afternoon session, new employees will receive a parking pass, network account, high assurance EID, ID card and meet individually with a benefits representative.
- Who creates the assignment when a current benefits eligible employee transfers to another benefits eligible position?
Human Resources will create the new assignment. The employee’s current assignment will need to be modified so that it ends the day prior to the start of the new assignment to prevent a break in service.
Updated: July 19, 2011