Temporary Agency Employees
Guidelines for Hiring and Payroll Processing Procedures
Please follow the guidelines listed below for the hiring and
compensation of Temporary Agency employees at UTSA.
- The requesting department contacts UTSA Human Resources (458-4648) or email: Employment@utsa.edu for the correct Temporary Agency name and the rate of pay and appropriate title needed to fill the position.
- If the amount is over $5000 dollars a PB4 needs to be created and approved by Purchasing. If the amount is under $5000 dollars the requesting department prepares a Purchase Order (PO) with the signature of the authorized signer for the account.
- Human Resources places the order with the Temporary Agency once a PO number has been established and submitted to HR.
Please Note: HR cannot place the order until the Purchase Request form has been assigned a Purchase Order number (2010xxxxxx). All outside temporary requests must go through the Human Resources Department.
Procedures for Processing Temporary Agency Employee Weekly Time Cards
- The Temporary Employee completes a weekly time card, which is provided by the Temporary Agency.
- The department supervisor signs the time card and sends the "Customer Copy" of the time card to Human Resources.
- The Temporary Employee returns the remaining copies of the time card to the Temporary Agency.
Updated: August 2015