The compensation philosophy of UTSA is based on the commitment to attract and retain a qualified, motivated, diverse workforce that meets the standards of service and excellence required by the University. In support of this mission, the following objectives have been established:
- To establish compensation levels for positions on the basis of their relative internal worth and external competitiveness within relevant labor markets;
- To reward employees on the basis of work performance;
- To administer pay equitably and consistently;
- To establish a compensation policy that is consistent with the judicious expenditure of funds entrusted to The University; and
- To ensure accountability for compliance with The University of Texas System Board of Regents Rules and Regulations and statutory requirements.
Updated: May 1, 2014