Posting Process for Benefits Eligible and Non Benefits Eligible positions as a result of the Governor’s Hiring Freeze announced on January 31, 2017.
- For all new and replacement positions requested to be posted and funded by E&G, follow the instructions in the attached:
- For all new (*) and replacement positions requested to be posted and NOT funded by E&G
If you are confident that it is not funded by E&G:
- Create the posting and route it (the funding will be validated by HR) and the hiring manager will be notified of the status (anticipate 2-4 days to validate funding)
If you are not sure of the funding:
- Send an email to Ronald.Fosmire@utsa.edu. Provide the cost center, position id, title, (replacement for, if applicable).
- The Employment staff will verify funding and contact you.
(*) The normal new position process must be followed also.
- Summer 2017 NEW (**) Faculty (including GRA, TA’s, etc)
- A waiver has been requested of the Governor’s office
- We will not post/hire until the waiver has been approved
(**) NEW faculty are those who DO NOT have an existing 9 month or spring faculty assignment
- Fall, 2017 Faculty (including GRA’s, TA’s)
- Proceed per standard operating procedure
- Work Study Student Hires: Financial Aid Office will communicate any updates
- Other Student hires: follow normal processing, however, students cannot be hired from an E&G funding source
For a description of E&G please review this summary.