HR News Archive
- UT System launched a new healthy eating and active living program - UT System Physical Activity Challenge! [Learn More]
Reminder Faculty Summer Insurance Deductions
Benefits eligible faculty paid over 9 months will have insurance premiums for this summer doubled deducted in the April 1, May 1 and June 1st paychecks. Benefits eligible faculty on a salary spread paid 12 months will not be impacted. The insurance premiums are deducted from the monthly paycheck.
However, if there is a change in employment or family status, premiums may be affected. HR Benefits & Payroll offices will coordinate any adjustments, if applicable. For example, if a faculty member separates from UTSA May 31, 2015, he/she is not eligible for summer insurance; the premiums will be reimbursed and COBRA will be offered.
If you have any questions about your insurance coverage, please contact HR Benefits at 458.4250 or email@example.com.
- Announcement regarding Anthem data breach
If you are a victim of fraudulent tax return, please contact your local law enforcement and the IRS. The IRS has created a notice, Tips for Taxpayers, Victims About Identity Theft and Tax Returns [click here]
- UTSA Holiday Schedule 2014-2015
- June 11, 2014: UTSA maintains 8-to-5 schedule for summer.
To provide essential services during the summer, all university offices must be open, fully functional, and staffed during regular business hours, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Department supervisors may approve "flex" schedules for employees with the approval from their dean, vice provost or vice president and as long as all offices are sufficiently staffed and fully operational during regular business hours and such schedules do not result in overtime or state comp time.
Reminder for Supervisors - if you are changing schedules for Summer Hours for your employees, please submit a Schedule Change Request Form to the Payroll Office before the effective date of the schedule for your salaried employees.
For additional information regarding flexible work schedules, please refer to Chapter 4.29 of the Handbook of Operating Procedures, or contact Human Resources at 458-7891.
April 2015 - UT System sent out annual notices via email regarding the UTSaver Retirement Plans. As an active employee, you are eligible to contribute to the 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity (TSA) and/or 457(b) Deferred Compensation Program (DCP). [Learn More]
Time to Spring Forward! At 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 9, 2014, clocks will be set forward by one hour in observance of the beginning of Daylight Saving time (DST). [read more]
- June 1, 2013: UTSA to transition to tobacco-free status.
- May 15, 2013: HOP Chapter 4.27, State Compensatory Time Update. [read more]
- May 3, 2013: Parking Permit Information
If you use payroll deduction to pay for your parking permit.. [read more]
- May 15, 2013: HOP Chapter 4.27, State Compensatory Time Update.
In a continuous effort to coordinate current policies with the implementation of UT Share (PeopleSoft tools), the Human Resource Department has updated the Handbook of Operating Procedures, chapter 4.27, State Compensatory Time. Specifically, the requirement restricting the use of state compensatory time to 20 hours per calendar month has been removed (section B, Non Holiday State Compensatory Rules, section 2, Usage Rules). The updated policy no longer sets a limit to the number of state compensatory hours that may be used per calendar month.
As a reminder:
- Before any classified employee works in excess of their regularly scheduled hours, he/she must receive approval from their supervisor.
- State compensatory time must be used within twelve (12) months following the end of the workweek in which it was earned or it lapses.
- Before an employee uses state compensatory time, approval must be granted by his/her supervisor.
- All state compensatory time earned must be recorded in DEFINE in accordance to University policy and state law.
For more details on state compensatory time, please refer to HOP 4.27 State Compensatory Time. For questions regarding this policy, please contact the Leave Management Department at 458-7874 or the Employee Relations Department at 458-7891.
February 2015 - UTSA Human Resources staff celebrates Black History month.
Pictured: Cheryl Huguley, Kathleen Carter-Stiggers, Claudia White,
Angie Harris, Catina Rover
- May 13, 2013: Revised Employee Separation Checklist
The Employee Separation Processing Checklist has been revised to include disabling all 3rd party system accesses on or before employees last day of employment at UTSA. Please destroy any previous copies you may have. You can access the revised form on the HR forms webpage.
- May 3, 2013: FMLA Parking Permit Information
If you use payroll deduction to pay for your parking permit, the monthly deduction from your paycheck will continue during your leave, unless you return your permit to the Business Auxiliary Services Parking office prior to beginning your approved leave. Once you return to work, you will need to purchase a new permit for use through ASAP.
If you do not return your permit prior to beginning your approved leave, parking permit fees continue to accrue even if you are on a leave of absence without pay. Upon your return to work, the total unpaid fees will be deducted from your next paycheck unless the above arrangements are made through the Parking Office. Payroll deductions are charged in whole month amounts, not prorated, regardless of date returned or purchased. For more information, please contact the Parking office at 210.458.7275.
- April 23, 2013: Employment Verification Form (I-9) version date March 8, 2013
Effective May 7, 2013, I-9 forms dated prior to the NEW March 8th, 2013 revision will not be accepted at UTSA Human Resources.
Please visit the HR forms web page to access all HR forms to ensure that you are using the most current version.
- April 1, 2013: New PIN Requirement & Debit Card Activation for UT Flex. [read more]
- 2013 UTSA Employee Assistant Chat Topics
Every month, you are invited to participate online at deeroaks.com
in a live, topical chat with a Deer Oaks Counselor.
- Salary Update Document (SUD) for Merit Exercise - Training
Begin routing 8-9-2013. Deadline for submission to HR 8-14-2013
- August 2013: Don’t forget to complete the health assessment and annual preventative exam by August 31st to receive your $25 gift card. [Learn More]
- February 2013: UTSA employees in the following VP areas are assigned Compliance Acknowledgements 2013: Business Affairs, Community Services, External Relations, and Student Affairs. You have 2 weeks to complete the course and you will automatically be notified via email on Mondays if you have not completed the training.
- February 2013: The Office of Employee Benefits has teamed up with Provant Health Solutions, an independent health and wellness company, to provide the new health platform to UT SELECT Medical plan members. Read Announcement
- November 2012: Special November Timesheet Announcement
- October 2012: UT System Office of Employee Benefits (OEB) is required by law to notify all UT Select BCBS members about the Medicare Part D Notice of Creditable Coverage. The notification was sent to your address on file. No action is required. Read more.
- February 2012: - HR recognizes team members as part of a Valentine’s Day team building activity! Read more
- March 11, 2012 - Time to Spring Forward
At 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 11, 2012, clocks will be set forward by one hour in observance of the beginning of Daylight Saving time (DST).