Employee Separation Process
HR Announces New Enhancements to the University’s Separation Process
In a continuous effort to improve current HR processes, the Human Resources Department has made the following changes to the Separation Process website and forms:
- The Separation website has been updated, to include how to process certain employee separations and process responsibilities.
- The Separation Checklist has been updated. Please delete or destroy all previous versions of the Separation Checklist.
Significant changes to the form include:
- Streamlined process/requirements.
- Added Permanent address (W-2) to the Employee information section
- Added Sick leave pool contribution on page two of the new form
- The Employee Separation Form is no longer required and has been eliminated! (Cheers! applause!)
Important message from OIT related to employee separations: Though access to many UTSA systems is controlled via the employee’s myUTSA ID and password (such as network access), employees may have access to systems which utilize their own authentication systems (such as STARS, Banner, AppWorx and TrueCrypt). If the separating employee has access to third-party systems that are not managed by a UTSA system owner (such as Survey Monkey, GoToMeeting and Facebook), please coordinate with him or her to ensure those accounts are disabled, deleted or transferred to another employee. If you have any questions, please contact Stacey Blum at Employee Relations Department at 458-7891.
Why was the employee separation form eliminated?
To eliminate duplication. Departments are currently entering the separation reason codes and the re-employment codes in HRMS.
If the Employee Separation Form is eliminated, where do employees indicate their donation to the Sick Leave Pool?
The new Separation Processing Checklist (page 2) will capture this information.
Do we still process employee separations using the current online Separation Notification Form?
What changes were made to the Separation Processing Checklist?
a. Streamlined process/requirements
b. Added Permanent address (W-2) to the Employee information section
c. Added Sick leave pool contribution on page two of the new form
I don’t see my question here? Who can I call for assistance?
Please contact Employee Relations at 458-7891 for assistance.
August 28, 2012