Reporting COVID-19 Cases
Who should submit a COVID Case Report?
- Students, faculty and staff who test positive for COVID-19 or who have had close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual.
- Supervisors or faculty who are informed by an employee or student of their positive COVID-19 status.
- If an employee or student informs you about a COVID-19 exposure, you do not need to submit a COVID Case Report.
Submit a COVID Case Report
The COVID Response Team uses information obtained from the COVID Case Report to take operational action. The team includes the university’s Chief Medical Officer and staff from Wellness 360, Occupational Health, Housing and Business Affairs Administration & Operations.
Once a COVID Case Report is submitted, the COVID Response Team carefully assesses and responds to each situation, evaluating possible close contacts and determining quarantine and isolation recommendations. Students, faculty or staff who test positive or have been identified as a close contact should observe a quarantine or isolation period consistent with these guidelines and the advice of their doctor.
Instructions for UTSA Students, Faculty and Staff
UTSA students, faculty and staff should follow these instructions:
- Click here to access the COVID Case Report.
- On the login screen, enter your utsa.edu email address and click "Next."
- On the next screen, select "Login using myUTSA ID."
- On the Single Sign-On screen, log in with your UTSA credentials.
- Follow the instructions on the form and complete the report by clicking "Submit."
Instructions for Visitors, Vendors and Guests
Individuals who are not UTSA students, faculty or staff who need to report a positive COVID-19 case with direct campus impact should follow these instructions:
- Click here to access the COVID Case Report Form: Visitors, Vendors, Guests.
- In the "Email" field on the form:
- Vendors/Contractors: Please use your work email address
- All others: Please use a valid email address at which you can be reliably contacted
- Follow the instructions on the form and complete all fields required.
For any questions regarding case reporting, please contact Recovery Operations.