Resources for Faculty
UTSA’s Learning Management System (LMS) and your primary tool for teaching online
Simple web conferencing solution in Bb that’s built for interacting with groups or individual students
Secure video recording, livestreaming and sharing tool with captioning and quizzing that integrates with Bb
A video conferencing solution now available to all UTSA faculty, staff and students
The U.S. Department of Education recently provided guidance to schools and colleges regarding the sudden transition to distance learning due to the COVID-19 outbreak and issues of student privacy covered by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). To ensure FERPA compliance in virtual classrooms and other educational recordings, please review the following UTSA guidelines:
- PlayPosit (coming soon)
A Full Suite of Tools
Learn about the full suite of tools available to support your virtual teaching and learning experience.
Which communication tool should I use?
See our handy guide to determining the best platform to use for your meeting, class, presentation or event. Learn more >>
If you have questions about digital accessibility, please contact DigitalAccessibility@utsa.edu. Or, drop by Academic Innovation's Digital Accessibility Office Hours via Zoom on Fridays between 11 a.m. and noon.
- Open Educational Resources
- Online Services and Library FAQs
- Request Library Instruction and Add Librarians to Blackboard
- Faculty Course Reserve Request
Visit UTSA Libraries for more services.
Teaching & Learning Support
University Technology Solutions
Support for Students
Visit Online Learning Resources to learn more about support available for students.
24/7 BLACKBOARD SUPPORT
The following support channels are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for UTSA faculty and students, unless otherwise noted, excluding holidays.
- Phone: Call 210-458-4520 and press option 1 to access Blackboard Support anytime.
- Email: Blackboard Support can be emailed directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (for faster service, please use your UTSA email account)
- Self Help Portal (log in for full experience)
- Live Chat
- Create a Case
- Bb Knowledge Based Articles
- Blackboard Support Virtual Consultation: You can now book a virtual appointment with a Blackboard Support Specialist for a 30-minute consultation, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Click on the book a consultation link to get started.
Comments or concerns? Contact email@example.com.