Student Online Learning SupportMarch 18, 2020
- Academic Advising and Transfer and Transition Student Success Services will schedule virtual appointments via Webex with the appropriate academic advisor and student success transfer advisor, respectively.
- The First Generation & Transfer Student Center, First Year Experience, and Fostering Educational Student Success Center will continue providing peer mentoring and programming via WC Online.
- Residence Life RAs will utilize GroupMe and Webex to continue to provide relevant programming to their students
- Academic Peer Coaches will use Google Hangouts for academic coaching sessions.
- The Tomás Rivera Center will provide virtual Tutoring via GoBoard, Supplemental Instruction via Blackboard Collaborate, and Academic Coaching via Webex and phone conference.
- Math Matters will provide tutoring and support via GoBoard as well as Blackboard Collaborate.
Blackboard Resources for UTSA Students
Academic Innovation has compiled a checklist to help all students ensure they are ready for the first day of online classes tomorrow:
- Blackboard Learn relies on your internet browser to display content correctly. Run the UTSA Browser Check to ensure compatibility with your browser.
- Looking for resources and tutorials on how to use certain Blackboard Learn tools? Visit Blackboard Learn Help for Students to look up specific tools to learn more about them.
- New to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra? If your instructor is using Blackboard Collaborate virtual sessions, get started with the basics and watch the video tour of Blackboard Collaborate in action.
- Check your course announcements daily for course updates or new information.
- Update your preferred email address in ASAP. Email clients, such as Gmail, may classify email from Blackboard Learn as junk mail. If you are having problems in getting emails from Blackboard, check your options for junk mail settings.
Helpful Contact Information
Email email@example.com or call 210-458-4520 to schedule support or ask a question.
Upcoming Town Halls
Tuesday, April 7 | 2-3 p.m.
Dealing with Distractions in the Home Work Environment
Wednesday, April 8 | 2-3 p.m.
Wellbeing in the Midst of a Pandemic
Thursday, April 9 | 2-3 p.m.
More information coming soon!