Travel GuidelinesMarch 15, 2020
To continue to protect the health of our campus community, we have updated our travel policy as follows:
Returning from International Travel
All faculty, staff and students who traveled home via plane from any international location (regardless of CDC Level) are required to follow these steps prior to returning to campus:
- Self-isolate for 14 days
- Report travel to Global Initiatives
- Faculty and staff should contact the Occupational Health Team at (210) 458-5304. Students should contact Student Health Services at (210) 458-4142.
- Report absences to their supervisors. Authorized leave policies remain in effect.
Please note that these rules apply to both university-sponsored and personal travel.
Returning from Domestic Travel
Faculty, staff and students returning from Washington state, California, Washington D.C., the city of Boston or the greater metropolitan New York area are strongly encouraged to self-isolate. This list may change over the course of the week, and the UTSA community will be updated as needed. Travelers should be prepared to self-isolate if new mandates are implemented.
Effectively immediately, no university-sponsored international or domestic travel is permitted unless deemed mission-critical or health-critical as approved by university leadership. This travel ban extends to April 12, 2020, with the potential for extension as needed.
Guidelines for All Travelers
- Travelers should check the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention travel information, U.S. Department of State travel advisories and the International Air Transport Association list of travel and entry restrictions for the latest information before departing.
- No one should travel while sick, lest he or she risk additional screening measures, potential entry denial, and quarantine. Anyone who is sick risks spreading germs and infection to others.
Upcoming Town Halls
Tuesday, April 7 | 2-3 p.m.
Dealing with Distractions in the Home Work Environment
Wednesday, April 8 | 2-3 p.m.
Wellbeing in the Midst of a Pandemic
Thursday, April 9 | 2-3 p.m.
More information coming soon!