UTSA Virtual Backgrounds
Zoom and Microsoft Teams are popular platforms for video conferencing, and we know many UTSA students, faculty and staff use it for personal and professional meetings.
The virtual background feature on both platforms allows you to display a custom image as your background during meetings. We created a handful of UTSA-inspired virtual backgrounds so you can show off your Roadrunner pride while meeting virtually. Enjoy!
How to Download
- Click on the image of your choice
- Right click on the full version of the image
- Click "Save image as" and save it to your desired location (desktop, downloads, a folder, etc.)
How to Set Downloaded Image in Zoom
Once you've launched a Zoom meeting:
- Click on ^ next to "Stop Video" on the bottom left of your Zoom window and select "Choose Virtual Background"
- Click on the + on the right-hand side below the current image in your settings
- Click "Add Image"
- Find your saved image and select it
- You may have to deselect "mirror my video” in the video settings tab. This setting will cause the logo/image to appear backward to you, however, the users you are talking to will see it displayed correctly.
Video: Setting Your Zoom Custom Background
Change your background before a meeting starts
While you're setting up your video and audio before joining a meeting, select Background effects. It's just to the right of the microphone switch. Your background options will display on the right.
- Click on Add new and then select one image to upload from your computer.
- Your new background will persist in all your meetings and calls until you change it again.
- The image and video on your screen will appear backward only to you as if you were looking in a mirror. Please note there is no further action needed from you to correct this as meeting attendees will see a correct non-mirrored image.
Change your background during a meeting
To alter your background after you've already joined a meeting, go to your meeting controls and select More actions, then Show background effects. Follow the same steps as outlined above.