Student Emergency Fund
To ensure we can help as many students as possible, we plan to limit grants to less than $500, unless there are extraordinary circumstances.
How do I apply?
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled student at The University of Texas at San Antonio and have temporary financial hardship resulting from an emergency situation.
- Other possible resources have been considered and are not available or insufficient
- Be able to provide sufficient documentation of financial hardship
- Applications must be completed and submitted by a current UTSA student. Funds are only granted to student recipients and applications received by other sources will not be considered.
Contact Student Emergency Fund Coordinator via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 210-458-4985 for more information.
- Complete the application and submit it with supporting documentation to email@example.com.
- If approved, you will be notified the grant amount and when the money will be deposited in your account.
Types of Covered Expenses
There are ranges of incidents that may incur financial hardships. Typical expenses that may be covered include but are not limited to:
- Medications/Prescriptions or costs related to medical care
- Assistance with rent or utilities due to emergency situation*
- Books, fees or other school-related expenses
- Safety related needs (i.e. changing a lock on vehicle or home)
- Replacement of personal belongings due to fire or natural disaster
Due to COVID-19, the Student Emergency Fund will not be prioritizing rent and utilities at this time because of the executive orders halting evictions from rental units and utilities not cutting services. We are monitoring changes and will change prioritization based on local, state, and federal mandates.
Other Resources for Covid-19
UTSA updates: https://www.utsa.edu/coronavirus
Community resources for COVID-19 - https://www.211.org/services/covid19
Food insecurities - UTSA main campus food pantry please bring a UTSA ID or SA food bank at https://safoodbank.org/help
Alamo workforce - https://www.workforcesolutions.com/jobseekers
Decisions regarding distributions of monies from the Student Emergency Fund will be made on a case-by-case basis and will be made by the SEF committee.
For additional information or questions about the Student Emergency Fund contact the Student Emergency Fund Coordinator at 210-458-4985 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.