Why do I have to pay to park?

Parking, and all Campus Services, are self-funded. Funds are not received from tuition or tax dollars to operate these services. Funds received from permits, short-term parking, special events and citations pay the cost of maintenance and operations of parking garages and parking lots. Additionally, citations are issued to protect paying permit holders.

Where can I park on the weekend?

University patrons may park in Employee A, Employee B, and unmarked Commuter spaces Monday - Thursday from 10 pm—6 am, and Friday from 5 pm—6 am the following Monday, regardless of permit status.

Where can I park between semesters?

The time between semesters is known as intersession. Intersession begins the day after the official end of term and continues until the day before the next semester's classes begin. During this time, patrons may park in resident and commuter spaces, regardless of permit status. Intersession does not include study days or finals; these are part of the semester.

Where should I direct visitors to park?

Direct your guests to the Bauerle Road Garage or Ximenes Avenue Garage; these locations are easy to find and offer short-term hourly visitor parking. Departments can pay for their visitors’ parking with garage parking validation stickers. See Event Parking for details. See all visitor parking options here.

If I have ADA or Disabled Veteran license plates, do I need a UTSA permit to park on campus?

Persons with disabilities whose vehicles display the appropriate disability license plates, permits, or placards issued by the State of Texas or other states are exempt from the payment of fees in paid short-term surface parking spaces only. ADA spaces inside campus parking garages are available at the hourly garage parking rate. All campus ADA surface parking spaces require an UTSA-issued parking permit in addition to the disability license plate or placard.

Students and employees who have Disabled Veteran plates may qualify for a no-charge UTSA permit when properly registered with Campus Services. Contact our office for more information.


Do I have to buy a parking permit?

Permits are required for most parking spaces at UTSA. Short-term hourly parking is available in the Main and Downtown campus garages and select surface spaces. Alternative transportation options are available for those who wish to leave their vehicles at home.

What kind of parking permit should I order?

We provide a variety of surface and garage permits for students, employees, visitors, and independent contractors for use on UTSA campuses.

How do I order a parking permit?

Students and employees must purchase their parking permits online through their MyParking account.

  1. Login to Parking Portal.
  2. Click “Purchase Permits.”
  3. Click “UTSA Student/Employee Login.” Enter your myUTSA ID and passphrase and click “Next.”
  4. Select the permit you wish to purchase.
  5. Review the Parking & Traffic Rules and Regulations. Check the box stating you have read and agree to abide by the Parking and Traffic Rules and Regulations at bottom of screen and click “Next."
  6. Select your vehicle or add a vehicle if none are available.
  7. Select your mailing and email address from the drop down arrows. If your address is not one of the selections, you will have to add it before you can order your permit; then click “Next.” Note: Your permit will be mailed to this address.
  8. Select a payment method from drop down arrow and click “Pay Now” to check out [credit card, electronic check, add to tuition & fees (students) or payroll deduction (employees)].
  9. Look to the right of your permit and Click “Print Permit”; place paper permit on your vehicle dashboard until it expires or the plastic permit is received in mail. Temporary permits are valid for 10 days for the license plate(s) listed and in the appropriate space type for the permit. For permits purchased after August 1, patrons may print a temporary dashboard permit to display until your permit arrives. For Permits purchased in advance of the pending academic year, temporary permits are not available as they will be placed in the mail August 1.
  10. Permits are mailed the next business day to the mailing address provided on the application. You should expect your permit to arrive via US Postal Service within 3-5 business days.

I am on campus. Can I pick up my parking permit in person?

Parking permits are mailed from off-site to the mailing address provided in ASAP at the time of purchase; therefore, permits are not available for pick up in our office.

Where does my parking permit allow me to park?

Visit our Permit webpage and Parking & Transportation map to find available parking options for your permit type. The back of your permit also identifies desginated spaces.

Is there a parking permit for guests/visitors that can be purchased in advance?

Yes, multiple temporary parking options are available for university guests and visitors based on the number of parking permits needed. Refer to our Visitor Parking and Event Parking pages.

Are Alumni/Retirees eligible for parking permits?

Alumni with a current Alumni Association Membership Card qualify for an Alumni parking permit at a discounted rate. Retirees are eligible to receive an Employee B parking permit at no charge. Emeriti Faculty are eligible to receive an Employee A permit at no charge. Qualified Alumni and Retirees may obtain the appropriate permit by visiting a Ximenes Avenue or Bauerle Road Garage cashier window. Proof of qualification required at time of purchase.

Can I upgrade/downgrade my parking permit?

Yes, you can upgrade/downgrade your parking permit. Simply bring your current parking permit to a cashier window at the Ximenes Avenue or Bauerle Road Garage. If an upgrade is available, we’ll ask you to fill out a short form. If upgrading, pay the difference in cost to complete your request. If downgrading, a prorated refund may be available.

Due to space availability, certain permits may not be available. If your desired permit is unavailable, you can add your name to the waitlist through your MyParking account.

What do I do if my parking permit is lost or stolen?

Report your parking permit lost or stolen as soon as possible at a cashier window at the Ximenes Avenue or Bauerle Road Garage, or the Campus Services downtown office (FS 1.506). You’ll be asked to fill out a short form and charged $10 for a replacement permit. Permits reported as lost or stolen are annotated in our system.

If a vehicle is found parking on campus with a lost or stolen permit displayed, the vehicle is immediately immobilized (booted).

What should I do with my parking permit if I leave UTSA?

If you are permanently leaving UTSA, you should return your permit to a cashier window at the Ximenes Avenue or Bauerle Road Garage, or the Campus Services downtown office (FS 1.506). A cashier will determine if you are eligible for a prorated refund. Permits are non-transferrable; it is against policy to give away or resell your parking permit.

Visit Parking Permit page

Back to top

Citations & Appeals

I received a parking citation. What do I do now?

Visit our Citations and Appeals page for instructions. 

Can you take care of my citation this one time?

No one in Campus Services, nor any other university employee, is authorized to “take care of” a citation. All citation appeals must be filed online, and audits are conducted to ensure compliance.

I just paid my citation, how long will it take for the hold to come off?

Holds are automatically removed approximately one hour after receipt of payment.

Back to top


What do I do if my UTSACard is lost or stolen?

Report your UTSA Card as lost or stolen as soon as possible. This can be done through the UTSA Card portion of ASAP at any time. During business hours, you can also call Campus Services at (210) 458-7275 or report the loss in person at the Campus Services office (MS 1.01.52). There is a $10 fee for replacing lost or stolen cards.

Visit UTSACard page

Back to top

Rowdy Dollars

Are Rowdy Dollars and Dining Dollars the same thing?

No, Rowdy Dollars operate like a prepaid debit card on the UTSACard to puchase a variety of items across campus. Dining Dollars are part of a meal plan and can only be used at food service locations.

What happens to my Dining Dollars/Rowdy Dollars if my UTSA Card is lost or stolen?

Report your UTSA Card as lost or stolen as soon as possible. This can be done through the UTSA Card portion of ASAP at any time. During business hours, you can also call Campus Services at 210-458-7275 or report the loss in person at the Campus Services office (MS 1.01.52).

At the time of your report, your Dining Dollars and Rowdy Dollars will be frozen. A replacement card will be issued, at the cost of $10, and your remaining Dining Dollars and Rowdy Dollars will become available. See UTSACard Policy for details.

Visit Rowdy Dollars page

Back to top

Meal Plans

What are the differences between Meal Plans, Dining Dollars and Rowdy Dollars?

Student Meal Plans are for exclusive use at the Roadrunner Café and may include Roadrunner Cafe Guest Meals and/or Dining Dollars.

Dining Dollars can be used at any of the food service venues on campus. Unused Guest Meals and Dining Dollars are forfeited at the end of each semester.

Rowdy Dollars can be used virtually anywhere on campus for purchases of food or other retail items. Rowdy Dollars carry over from semester to semester as long as the student is enrolled at the University.

How do I sign up for a Meal Plan?

Contracts for Student Meal Plans are completed through ASAP. Costs are assessed to the tuition and fees bill. Payments are accepted online or at a Fiscal Services Office.

Faculty and staff may purchase an Employee Dining Plan online or at any food service register.

What is an Access plan?

Access plans are types of Student Meal Plans. Access 5 allows for dining Monday – Friday, Access 7 allows for dining in the Roadrunner Café Monday – Sunday. Additional options include the addition of Dining Dollars and Guest Meals. Please refer to the meal plan options chart for more information.

Is there a meal plan available to employees?

Employee Dining Plans are available for purchase at any food venue and the value purchased can be used at and food venue on campus as well as a reduced door price at Roadrunner Café. At this time, the value does not expire.

Visit Meal Plans page

Back to top


If I leave something on The 'Runner, how can I get it back?

Drivers will hold on to items found on the bus until the end of their shift. At the end of their shift, items are turned over to UTSA Police Department. To recover lost items, call (210) 458-4242.

Does The 'Runner travel between the Main and Downtown campuses?

The 'Runner does not operate on the Downtown Campus. However, transit to and from the UTSA Main and Downtown campuses are available through VIA Metropolitan Transit. See Alternative Transportation for details.

Where can I purchase a VIA pass?

Students who wish to purchase a semester or monthly pass may obtain them at the Student Union Roadrunner Express on the Main Campus, at the Student Activities Office on the Downtown Campus, at VIA Transit Centers, and at most H-E-B stores and other retail outlets listed on VIA’s website. Call VIA for more information at (210) 362-2020.

Does UTSA offer shuttle service during the summer?

The 'Runner has a limited schedule during the summer. Visit The 'Runner Schedules for more information.

Does The 'Runner travel to other Texas cities?

No, UTSA does not offer any shuttle service to other metropolitan cities in Texas. We recommend researching public transportation options through VIA Metropolitan Transit, Greyhound, or Megabus.

Back to top

The Runner GPS App

The Runner GPS App

Track your on-campus shuttle in real-time and receive live updates. Download for free on the App Store and Google Play.


Real-Time Parking Occupancy

Real-Time Parking Occupancy

Find parking availability on campus.


Campus Services Annual Report FY18

Annual Report FY18

Experience the year in review with our seven service areas’ highlights, achievements, financials, and goals for the 2019 fiscal year. Read more.