Classified Benefits Eligible Employee Performance Evaluation
January 10, 2017: The annual performance evaluation form is currently unavailable - We are reformatting the form for ease of use. It will be available no later than end of January 2017.
Annual Performance Evaluation
- The performance year runs from February 1, through January 31 of the following year.
- Annual staff performance evaluations should be conducted between January 31 and February 28.
- Evaluations are due to HR by March 1
- The Handbook of Operating Procedure (HOP) outlines the process: http://www.utsa.edu/hop/chapter3/3-1.html
- Following is an excerpt from that reference:
"A supervisor is expected to conduct a written performance evaluation for all employees annually. The rating period is February 1 through January 31. Supervisors will complete these evaluations no later than March 1 of each year."
- The supervisor must place the original evaluation form in the employee's departmental personnel file and provide a copy to the employee and a copy to the Office of Human Resources no later than March 1 of each year.
Probationary Employee Evaluation
A newly appointed regular classified employee who is on probation as described in UTSA Handbook of Operating Procedures: 3.06 Probationary Period For Classified Employees will require periodic performance evaluations at 30, 90 and 160 day intervals. The appropriate forms to be used for this purpose are listed below:
Updated: January 10, 2017