Hiring SuspensionMarch 15, 2020
As UTSA moves to our next operational planning phase and given the challenges of onboarding while moving to telecommuting, all staff hiring for positions not defined as mission critical will be suspended until further notice, effective March 15, 2020. This includes postings for new or vacant positions. Planned or in-progress staff job postings or offers will require approval from your area’s vice president prior to submitting to Human Resources.
If you have current job postings, they may remain posted. In-person interviews should not take place until further notice, although phone or virtual interviews are permitted. Alternately, you may opt to remove your posting from the UTSA jobs website and repost at a later date.
Job offers that have been extended and accepted will be honored to the extent possible. For those departments with new hires that have a start date of March 16 through April 30, please contact your Onboarding/Employment Services Specialist for guidance. Any job offers for non-mission critical staff positions should anticipate a start date of May 1 or later.
This hiring suspension does not apply to faculty searches.
- When will UTSA share more details about the format of fall semester classes?
- What happens if the pandemic situation changes in the coming months?
- Will students be able to live on campus this fall?
- Some universities are moving up the start of their academic semesters due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Will UTSA change its Fall semester start date?
- When UTSA reopens campus for the fall semester, will that include athletic events?
- I'm facing financial difficulties, what can I do?
- How can I virtually contact counseling services?
See all FAQs >>