Resources for Staff
Families First Coronavirus Act (FFCRA)
Effective April 1, the FFCRA will provide eligible employees with paid leave, either for the employee’s own health needs or to care for family members. The FFCRA is part of the federal government’s response to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. To learn more, visit Human Resources.
The process in place for FY2020 will continue into FY2021 until further notice.
Vice president approval is required, and the requestor must demonstrate critical and essential need. This requirement applies to creating new positions, filling vacant positions and any compensation changes.
Vice president approval is not required if funded from an external sponsored source (i.e., grants and contracts).
The University of Texas Office of Employee Benefits (OEB) is closely monitoring activity around the coronavirus. Learn more about important updates to benefits should you or your family need care related to COVID-19.
MDLive provides access to care 24 hours a day, seven days a week online, over the phone, or using a mobile app.
The Employee Assistance Program offers a variety of services and resources, including online or phone counseling.
Externally funded expenditures: All sponsored project spending can proceed.
All other expenditures: Additional approval requirements from the vice president and Resource Management Team (RMT) are still required in September for items costing more than $2,500 and $10,000, respectively. This requirement includes operational and capital purchases.
Credit cards: To encourage less restricted but thoughtful spending until further notice, Procards will re-open with a lower spending limit Sept. 1-30. CLIBA cards will not be re-opened in September. OneCard, the new credit card replacing Procards and CLIBA cards, will be issued by Oct. 1 and can be used for purchasing, travel and official occasions, as allowed by the cardholder profile and current university guidelines.
Supervising Student Workers
View the Faculty & Staff FAQs for information on managing student workers.
View Disbursement and Travel Services (DTS) for a full list of available resources and support.
- Direct deposit (ACH) payments are processed Mon-Fri with a two-business day turnaround for transactions.
- Check runs now occur on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Student and vendor checks will be mailed through USPS.
- Ensure you have a current address on file. No check pick-ups are available.
- Email vendor invoices for payment to DTS and reference a purchase order number for processing.
- Check reissues are processed on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Central Receiving and Mail
- Distribution Services will continue to operate Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. until further notice.
- Departments will continue to pick up all packages or items received at the Central Receiving Warehouse or Downtown Mail Services.
- On-campus package deliveries are available by appointment only. Someone must be available at the assigned date, time and location to accept delivery. One delivery attempt will be made.
- To schedule an appointment, contact Central Receiving at 210-458-4591 or Downtown Mail Services at 210 458-2781.
- No mail deliveries to offices. Departments that need to pick up or drop off mail must do so within the posted business hours.
- The Main Campus mailroom is located in MS 1.01.22 (call 210-458-5948), and the Downtown Campus mailroom is located in DB 0.104 (call 210-458-2781).
- A courier will transport mail between the Main and Downtown Campus each Thursday.
View Technology for a full list of available resources and support.
Access Your Work Phone Remotely
Which communication tool should I use?
See our handy guide to determining the best platform to use for your meeting, class, presentation or event. Learn more >>
Working From Home
UTSA Learning Zone
Access an online library of professional and personal development to help you transition to telecommuting.
University Technology Solutions offers faculty, staff, and students access to LinkedIn Learning, an on-demand platform for skills building and training. To get started, log in using your myUTSA ID and passphrase.