Space and Planning Advisory Committee
The representative committee will 1) make recommendations to President regarding the strategic use of space as a resource to support university objectives and initiatives in both the short-term and long-term horizons, and 2) oversee overall space assignment and utilization process, including the review space requests, major space renovations, space data, and analysis of that data and to assist in development of space policies, procedures or guidelines.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review and recommend assignment and utilization of space to support university objectives and initiatives in both the short-term and long-term horizons.
- Review of major space requests and consultation with the requestor as needed to arrive at the most viable solutions that align with the University’s strategic needs.
- Monitor research space assessment data as well as trends to formulate recommendations to achieve strategic goals.
- Monitor classroom utilization data and trends to formulate recommendations to achieve strategic goals.
- Monitor research activity and trends to formulate recommendations to achieve strategic goals.
- Assess hiring plans, enrollment and research forecasts as it relates to recommendations for optimal space planning for offices and other specialized support spaces.
- Provide advice as needed to the University Architect on space or modification requests that affect our built environment in a manner that does not correlate to the principals found in the master plan or other university facility standards.
- Monitor and update space policies and guidelines.
Structure: Provost Chair + 16 representative members + Faculty Senate Chair + 1 staff
Kimberly Andrews Espy, Chair
|Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs|
Veronica Mendez, Co -Chair
|Senior Vice President for Business Affairs|
|JoAnn Browning||Interim Dean, College of Architecture, Construction and Planning, Downtown Campus|
|Gerry Sanders||Dean, College of Business, Main Campus|
|Margo DelliCarpini||Dean, College of Education and Human Development, Downtown Campus|
|JoAnn Browning||Dean, College of Engineering, Main Campus|
|Rhonda Gonzalez||Interim Dean, College of Liberal and Fine Arts, Main Campus|
|Lloyd Potter||Interim Dean, College of Public Policy, Downtown Campus|
|David Silva||Dean, College of Sciences, Main Campus|
|Sean Kelly||Dean, Honors College, Main Campus|
|Heather Shipley||Dean, University College, Main Campus|
|Dean Hendrix||Dean, Library, Academic Affairs non-college representative|
|Michelle Stevenson||Associate VP, Research Integrity|
|Kevin Price||Senior Associate VP and Dean of Students, SVPAA|
|Ben Perry||Assistant VP of Facilities Planning & Development / University Architect, SVPBA|
|Patrick Grant||Athletics Representative|
|Paul Goodman||Interim Assoc VP, Facilities, SVPBA|
|Chad Mahood||Faculty Senate Chair|
|Michael Rodriguez||Associate Director of Space Management, Facilities|