Researching Legal Careers
- Law School Admission Council. Fields of Law.
- Lawyer Career Video by CareerOneStop, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration
- National Association for Law Placement (NALP). Pre-Law Portal.
- State Bar of Texas, Becoming a Lawyer
- Texas Young Lawyers Association. What do Lawyers do?
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook, legal related careers.
- U.S. Department of Justice. Legal Careers.
- Yale Law School. Law Firm Practice Areas Summary.
Preparing For the LSAT
The ILPA does not endorse any particular method of LSAT preparation. Consider your strengths and weaknesses as you evaluate different courses to select the course that best fits you.
Note: The Analytical Reasoning section of the LSAT, better known as “logic games,” will NOT appear in the LSAT starting August 2024. The Analytical Reasoning section will be eliminated and replaced by a second Logical Reasoning section, as announced by the LSAC.
Texas Law Schools
- Baylor Law School
- South Texas College of Law Houston
- University of Houston Law Center
- University of North Texas College of Law
- SMU Dedman School of Law
- St. Mary’s University School of Law
- University of Texas School of Law
- Texas A&M University School of Law
- Texas Tech University School of Law
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
Find the Right Law School for You
Contact Dr. Ana Alvarez, UTSA Pre-Law Advisor