About the Academy
The LEAD Summer Academy is a program designed for students admitted to UTSA on conditional admission. Conditional admission means that guaranteed admission requirements, which take into consideration high school class rank and SAT and/or ACT scores, were not met. Once a student accepts to be in the LEAD Summer Academy, they will be admitted as a UTSA student.
Students who choose to participate will receive guidance and support their first year in college and will start by taking courses in the summer with other LEAD students. Aside from taking courses, students will also have opportunities to attend academic and social activities that will positively impact a student's first-year in college.
Why should I sign up for the LEAD Summer Academy?
- You will be admitted to UTSA and become a Roadrunner!
- You will begin taking courses in the summer and get a head start before other freshmen begin in the fall.
- You will be assigned a peer mentor, and you will meet with this individual regularly throughout the summer and fall. As a fellow student, your peer mentor will provide invaluable guidance and support.
- You will meet key UTSA staff and administrators from across the campus who will also support you through your first year in college.
- You will make friends with other students in the program and have fun attending LEAD-sponsored events and activities.
- You will be introduced to numerous campus resources and support services.