UTSA already offers 12 semester credit hours of designated tuition and mandatory fee waivers in undergraduate and graduate coursework each year for eligible employees through the Employee Educational Benefit (EEB) program. A scholarship from Staff Council could help you pay for associated costs, like textbooks and supplies, or could be applied toward the cost of taking additional credit hours.
The Staff Council Annual Scholarship currently includes two $500 awards for the undergraduate level and two $500 awards for the graduate level. Additionally, eligible staff may apply for the Staff Council Endowed Scholarship, which is also awarded annually (amount varies).
UTSA STAFF COUNCIL ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP CODE: COUN
Award: Two awards $500 for undergraduate level and two awards $500 for graduate level
- Must be degree seeking "benefits eligible" in accordance with university policy and either a classified or administrative & professional staff employee at UTSA
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must enroll for a minimum of 3 credit hours
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must supply a one-page, typed biographical essay describing obstacles or challenges faced in obtaining a higher education.
- Include personal and/or professional goals and the role of the scholarship in obtaining these goals. Also include any contributions made to UTSA and other information that will help the committee make an informed decision.
- Current Staff Council members not eligible to apply.
- Application Requirements: General Scholarship application
UTSA STAFF ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP CODE: STAF
Award: One award annually; amounts varies
- Must be full-time UTSA staff employee enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses
- Must enroll at UTSA part-time or full-time and pursuing a degree
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Application Requirements: General Scholarship application and attach a 200-word essay explaining how pursuing a degree at UTSA will assist you in your current and future work in higher education
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the On-Line General Scholarship Application at www.utsa.edu/scholarships
- Upon clicking on the General Scholarship Application link, you will be directed to sign into the UTSA Scholarship Hub.
- Once signed in, fill out the General Scholarship Application and submit.
- The deadline to submit the General Scholarship Application is January 15th.
**Please note that you will be required to submit your required essay in the box provided on the application. Failure to include the required essays will result in your ineligibility for the scholarship.