Chapter 4 - Personnel - General
Publication Date: June 7, 2013
Responsible Executive: VP for Business Affairs
4.17 Contact with the Office of General Counsel
I. POLICY STATEMENT
In the performance of assigned administrative responsibilities, questions and/or problems may arise that may require the advice and direction of the University of Texas System (UT System) Office of General Counsel (OGC).
This policy establishes the procedures for contacting UT System's OGC.
This policy applies to all UTSA faculty, staff and students.
IV. WEBSITE ADDRESS FOR THIS POLICY
V. RELATED STATUTES, POLICIES, REQUIREMENTS OR STANDARDS
UTSA Handbook of Operating Procedures (HOP) policy 4.18, Procedures for Handling Legal Processes, Citations, Notices, Demands, etc.
If you have any questions about HOP policy 4.17, Contact with the Office of General Counsel, contact the following offices:
The Office of Legal Affairs
Office of General Counsel (OGC) - This office handles the legal needs of the UT System.
Supervisory Channel - The supervisory channel for an employee is their immediate supervisor and each subsequent supervisor up to his or her respective vice president.
- Forwards (in writing) any questions and/or problems for the OGC through their supervisory channel to the appropriate vice president or the president for handling.
- Vice President, President or President's delegate
- Contacts OGC if necessary.
- Approves any and all exceptions as to who may contact OGC.
- In the performance of assigned administrative responsibilities, questions and/or problems may arise that may require the advice and direction of the UT System OGC. When such a situation occurs, a written statement of the legal problem(s) or question(s) will be transmitted through supervisory channels to the appropriate vice president or the president for handling.
- Contact with OGC and other UT System officials is reserved for the president and the vice presidents. UTSA employees are not to contact OGC without the approval of the president or the president's delegate.
- For further instructions pertaining to procedures for handling legal processes, citations, notices, demands, etc., please refer to HOP policy 4.18, Procedures for Handling Legal Processes, Citations, Notices, Demands, etc.
X. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR INITIAL IMPLEMENTATION
XI. FORMS AND TOOLS/ONLINE PROCESSES