Chapter 4 - Personnel - General
Publication Date: June 7, 2013
Responsible Executive: VP for Business Affairs
4.28 Assignments to UTSA Campuses and Associated Locations
I. POLICY STATEMENT
The University of Texas at San Antonio consists of multiple campuses, to include the Main, Downtown, and HemisFair Park, in addition to leased facilities. To ensure the operating needs of the University are met, all employees may be required to work at a location other than their primary assigned location.
This policy sets guidelines for the assignment location of UTSA employees and related mileage reimbursements. Employees are expected to be flexible if the operating needs of the University require that their assignment location be changed.
This policy applies to all staff, faculty and student workers.
IV. WEBSITE ADDRESS FOR THIS POLICY
V. RELATED STATUTES, POLICIES, REQUIREMENTS OR STANDARDS
Texas Government Code Chapter 660 Travel Expenses § Section 660.041(c) http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/GV/htm/GV.660.htm
If you have any questions about HOP policy 4.28, Assignments to UTSA Campuses and Associated Locations, contact the following offices:
Human Resources Department
Locations leased or otherwise used to conduct University business.
For the purpose of this policy an employee includes faculty, staff and student employees.
Mileage Log form
A record used to request reimbursement incurred within Bexar County.
- Decides and informs employee(s) of changes to work locations based on the operating needs of UTSA
- Complies with change of location
- Directs questions or concerns to supervisor
- Vice President or designee
- Reviews and approves or disapproves exceptions submitted for reimbursement
- Any employee may be required to work at a location other than their primary assigned location.
- Assignment of faculty to teach at the Main Campus or the Downtown Campus is the responsibility of the appropriate department chair and college dean.
- Faculty assigned to teach at the UTSA Downtown Campus will have the same career development opportunities available to them as are available to faculty at the Main Campus.
- Ordinary travel to an assigned work location in a privately owned vehicle is not a reimbursable expense as defined in Texas Government Code Section 660.041c.
- Reimbursement of repetitive business related trips between UTSA locations may be approved by the appropriate vice president or designee on a case by case basis. If approved, travel is reimbursed using the Mileage Log Form. The actual number of miles traveled for official business is to be determined by the traveler’s departure point to the traveler’s destination point. The State of Texas requires UTSA to adopt a single online verification method to verify mileage reimbursement. UTSA has adopted MapQuest as the online verification method. For additional information regarding this subject please see the Financial Management Operation Guidelines.
- Mileage is not reimbursed for ordinary business luncheons or meetings within Bexar County.
X. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR INITIAL IMPLEMENTATION
XI. FORMS AND TOOLS/ONLINE PROCESSES
Mileage/Parking Log for Reimbursement
Travel Reimbursement Financial Management Operation Guidelines