Pre-Physical Therapy Pathway
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Degree
Physical Therapists work with patients who have been in an accident, have a medical condition, or have had surgery to relieve their pain, help them regain their physical strength and get back their independenceEXPLORE THIS CAREER
UTSA does not offer a degree for Physical Therapy. Students can complete their pre-requisites toward PT school application.
|Semester PT Pre-requisite Course Sequence Guide||Activity Log Template|
Timeline for physical therapy school applicants. This timeline is subject to change based on students’ competitiveness and readiness to apply.
Before applying to a Physical Therapy program, schools will expect you to establish academic readiness through undergraduate coursework. Physical Therapy schools have specific coursework that is required for admission.
Research the requirements of the schools where you plan to apply as PT course requirements will and can vary from school to school. You can consult the individual Physical Therapy school websites for information on admission requirements.
Common Coursework Requirements for Texas PT Programs
The below science and math courses are common among each PT program; students should check individual websites for additional course pre-requisite requirements.
Anatomy & Physiology:
Statistics (Approved courses)
- Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Texas PT Schools - see below links
- Angelo State University
- Army-Baylor University
- Baylor University
- Hardin-Simmons University
- Texas State University
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Texas Woman's University
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
- University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
- University of Texas at El Paso
- UT Health San Antonio
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- University of Texas Southwestern
- University of the Incarnate Word