- Health Professions Advising
- How To Schedule An Appointment
- Pre-Dental Hygiene
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Respiratory Care
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Explore Your Career Options
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Competency Exploration
- Application Services
- Special Programs
- Helpful Tips
- Our Staff
Personal Statement Writing
An applicant’s personal statement is one of the most important pieces of your application materials. It is the school and admission’s committee first opportunity to hear from you about why you are passionate about your career choice.
Fall and Spring Personal Statement Writing Workshop
Held every fall and spring The Writing Center presents a workshop for how to craft a strong personal statement essay for your health professions applications.
- Why your personal statement is important & and what will make it great.
- What to write about and what to avoid.
- Explore writing reflectively toward ‘show’ and not just ‘tell.’
- Receive direct feedback on your essay
No matter where you are in the writing process, this workshop is designed to help you brainstorm or refine your essay.
Here are some other resources that will help you unlock your writing potential.