Payroll oversees and administers UTSA's time reporting process. Learn how timesheets are entered by employees and approved by managers in PeopleSoft using the Time and Labor Employee (ESS) and Manager Self-Service (MSS) platforms.
We created several job aids and videos to assist you in completing your timesheet. You can pause, rewind, fast forward, and adjust the speed of all video job aids. For specific PeopleSoft questions or troubleshooting, contact Business Information Services at ext. 7762.
Employee Classification Types
If you are unsure of your classification, use the job aid below.
Exempt Employees use elapsed timesheets.
- Administrative and Professional (A&P) employees submit timesheets monthly.
- Classified Salaried Exempt employees submit timesheets weekly.
Non-Exempt Employees use punch timesheets.
- Salaried Non-Exempt, Hourly Staff and student employees submit timesheets weekly.
GRA, GTA, and faculty employees are not required to submit timesheets.
Punch Timesheet Job Aids
- How Do I Enter a Punch Timesheet?
Note: Work hours for employees who have standard time schedules will auto populate onto their timesheets. Timesheet submission is still required.
- How Do I Submit Comp Time Taken?
- How Do I Add Comments to My Punch Timesheet?
- How Do I Report My Work Hours that Cross Days?
- How Do I View My Approved Time?
- How Do I Submit or Modify an Absence request?
- How Do I Edit, Delete or Add My Favorites?
Missing Timesheet Job Aids
Employee: How do I submit past-due timesheets?
- Timesheets up to 90 days past due: Log in to PeopleSoft Time and Attendance to submit missing timesheets.
- Timesheets more than 90 days past due: Must complete a manual timesheet.
Supervisor: How do I approve past-due timesheets?
- Timesheets up to 90 days past due: Log in to PeopleSoft Time and Attendance to review and approve.
- Timesheets more than 90 days past due: Must be reviewed and approved manually.