- About Financial Affairs
- Accounting Services
- Budget and Financial Planning
- Credit Card Administration
- Distribution Services
- Disbursements & Travel Services
- Financial Services
- Fiscal Services
- Payroll Management Services
Guaranteed Tuition Plan
What Is Guaranteed Tuition Plan?
If you are accepted as a first-time freshman or transfer, you have the option of using the Guarantee Tuition Plan, which guarantees that designated tuition and mandatory fees will not increase for 12 consecutive semesters from when you start your initial semester. If you are interested in this option, read the plan explanation and submit your application.
- Guarantees designated tuition and mandatory fees will not rise for 12 consecutive semesters for undergraduate students only.
- First-time freshmen rates are guaranteed for 12 consecutive semesters beginning with their initial semester’s enrollment.
- Continuing students who first enrolled at UTSA before fall 2014 are NOT eligible for the Guarantee Tuition Plan.
- Transfer students must opt-into the Guaranteed Rate Plan at the time of their registration at the other institution to lock in that year’s rate or may opt-in prior to the payment deadline during their initial semester at UTSA to lock in the applicable rate for that cohort year.
- Guaranteed Tuition Plan does not include Statutory Tuition and Differential Tuition.
- Must opt-in prior to the payment deadline during their initial semester at UTSA or during the initial semester at another institution if transferring to UTSA.
- Must enroll in 15 or more Semester Credit Hours (SCH) as of Census date in initial semester at UTSA.
- Must complete 30 SCH within each academic year at UTSA.
- Must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Total academic cost for this plan is higher as compared to the initial year of the Traditional Rate Plan, but offers assurances that your rates will not increase for 12 consecutive semesters.
To request the Guaranteed Tuition Plan, complete the application and submit the signed form to either Fiscal Services office locations at: Main Campus: John Peace Library (JPL) at JPL 1.03.06 or at the Downtown Campus at Frio Street (FS) Building 2.424-1. You can also email your signed application to Fiscal Services.
Guaranteed Tuition and Fee Schedule
Below are the rates for the year you enter UTSA.
- Fall 2021 (Cohort GTP 2025)
- Fall 2020 (Cohort GTP 2024)
- Fall 2019 (Cohort GTP 2023)
- Fall 2018 (Cohort GTP 2022)
- Fall 2017 (Cohort GTP 2021)
- Fall 2016 (Cohort GTP 2020)