Surplus Turn-in

How Do I Turn In Property to Surplus?

You can request disposal through the Surplus Property Department once equipment or furniture becomes obsolete. Before you request a pickup, follow these procedures:

Determine if your item falls into one or more of these categories:

  • Capital or controlled item
  • Items with no asset tags
  • Special handling or hazardous with asset tags
  • Special handling or hazardous without asset tags

How to Turn In Property

Contact your department’s Inventory Control Person (ICP) to process your request.

For special handling or hazardous items, you must work with your ICP and the Environmental Health Safety and Risk Management Department for equipment clearance before we can continue the pickup process.

Once your ICP has processed your request and it is approved for pickup, a Surplus Property staff member will contact you to schedule a pickup for your items.