How can I set up a new vendor in Rowdy Exchange or PeopleSoft?
Effective Feb. 17, 2021, departments must use the new PaymentWorks platform to initiate the vendor onboarding registration process for prospective or new vendors. 

What is PaymentWorks?
PaymentWorks is a platform to automate collection of payee banking details, eliminating manual, paper-based processes. The platform allows payers and payees to exchange verified identity elements in a networked environment eliminating payment fraud and ensure compliance. Vendors can expediently enroll for direct deposit to minimize unnecessary delays and expedite payments. Once new vendors create and setup their user accounts, they will be able to view payment information for the last two calendar years.

How can existing vendors update mailing addresses or payment information?
Existing vendors may update general information using PaymentWorks. If a vendor does not have user accounts in PaymentWorks, a request can be made through the contracting department or Disbursements and Travel Services to begin the onboarding registration process. Once a vendor creates a user account, the vendor may update all general company/individual information in PaymentWorks.

What is a non-catalog supplier?
This is a supplier not listed on the Rowdy Exchange home page. If a non-catalog supplier is used, departments must send suppliers copies of the POs for processing of the order. For processing of payment, all PO related invoices must be emailed to Disbursements and Travel Services.

What is a hosted catalog?
A hosted catalog is a supplier listed on the home page that provides product content (description, manufacturer part number, etc.)

What is a punch-out catalog?
A punch-out catalog is a supplier with an electronic workflow (PO automatically routes to supplier and e-invoice/voucher automatically routes through Rowdy Exchange for payment in PeopleSoft). The PO cannot be changed or cancelled after it has been dispatched. Currently there are 14 punch-out catalog vendors in Rowdy Exchange. Examples of punch-out suppliers: Burgoon (Grainger), Commonwealth (Dell), Possible Missions (Fisher Scientific), Shi (Dell), Summus (Dell), Summus (VWR), Today’s Business Solutions (Office Depot).

What is an Amount Only (also referred to as Continuous) PO?
This is a type of PO used for orders that require ongoing invoices (e.g., applicable to service contracts or long-term lease agreements). Users must select a non-catalog supplier, enter a quantity of 1, reference total quoted or contracted, accept default unit of measure each and set line item(s) to Amount Only. Amount Only POs do not require receiving.

How are PO payments for non-catalog vendors processed?
Our office processes payments for PO non-catalog vendors. Vendors and/or departments must email invoices to Disbursements and Travel Services for processing. To avoid payment delays, make sure that vendor invoices reference a valid PO number and items are marked as received in Rowdy Exchange (except for Amount Only POs).

What are commodity codes?
Commodity codes are set forth by United Nations Standard Products and Services Codes (UNSPSC) and are special codes used to classify products and services with a common coding scheme that facilitates commerce between buyers and sellers. The purpose of coding products helps achieve company-wide visibility of spend analysis, enable procurement to deliver on cost-effectiveness demands and allow full exploitation of electronic commerce capabilities. Commodity codes are required on requisition lines and defaulted on catalog items.

What is a Quantity PO?
This is a type of PO that includes quantity and price. Catalog and non-catalog vendors can be set up as Quantity POs. These POs typically require receipts (except for catalog POs less than $4999.99 for non-state accounts). To avoid payment delays, make sure you receive items in Rowdy Exchange.

What is an e-invoice and how is the payment processed?
An e-invoice is generated as a result of having used a punch-out catalog supplier in Rowdy Exchange. An e-invoice in Rowdy Exchange is equivalent to a voucher in PeopleSoft. Rowdy Exchange vouchers (R00xxxxx) are system generated vouchers which come across to PeopleSoft as pre-approved payments based on a two-way match --without manual intervention. Entering a receipt is required for orders funded with state or federal funds or Capital and Controlled Assets, or purchases more than $4999.99.

When is receiving required?
In general, receiving is required for orders funded with state or federal funds, purchases meeting capital and controlled assetscriteria, and/or purchases more than $4999.99.

How does one resolve common vouchering match exceptions?
Match exceptions may generally resolve three possible ways, as applicable: a) by processing a purchase order correction to correct the original PO; b) by contacting the vendor and obtaining a revised invoice to match existing PO; or c) by receiving the goods in Rowdy Exchange due to missing receipts (most common match exception).

What are voucher-related match exceptions and how do they work in PeopleSoft?
A set of matching rules embedded within PeopleSoft are designed to match vouchers with purchase orders and receiving documents. The matching rules are setup to ensure users pay for only goods and services ordered and received. When the payment is created, all invoiced items should technically match the PO. If there are any discrepancies on quantity and/or amounts of items, the system will flag individual voucher lines with match exceptions impeding the voucher from moving forward to the next workflow step of budget check. Vouchers with match exceptions will remain on an unpayable state until the error is corrected.

What is a budget error and how can it be resolved on a voucher?
A budget error is associated with commitment control (KK), which houses the different funding sources available for departments to use. Depending on the type of budget error exhibited on the voucher, a user can quickly resolve a budget exception by using an alternate funding source or by processing a budget transfer to add more funding to their existing cost center. Other type of budget errors may call for different resolutions. Refer to Types of Budget Checking Errors.

How will POs for copiers be handled in FY21?
Departments may use existing PO numbers to add additional funds for the maintenance of copiers in the new fiscal year (use only POs that rolled forward successfully and without errors). Departments must add enough funds for the new fiscal year by initiating a purchase order correction. If the existing PO closed or rolled forward with errors, departments are required to create a new PO for the new fiscal year.

What is the Prompt Pay Law and how does it impact vendor payments?
The Prompt Pay Law stipulates that payment is due for goods or services 30 days from the date goods/services are received/rendered, or a completed invoice is received, whichever is later. If payment is not sent within 30 days, interest begins to accrue and will be payable at the time payment is issued.

What type of expenses can be processed on non-PO vouchers?
Expenses include: memberships, subscriptions, registrations, publications, service agreements, entertainer/artist/promoter contracts, non-employee reimbursements, participants agreements, group and team travel, Citibank payments.

What payment methods are used to pay foreign vendor?
Typically, foreign or international vendors who reside outside of the United States, and/or do not bank in the United States, are paid via wire transfer. The Wire Transfer form must be completed by departments and emailed to DTS, along with required supporting documentation ($7 service fee).

How does one pay a vendor with no PO or signed contract in place?
If goods have been delivered and/or services rendered without a PO or signed agreement in place, then complete an ATF (After-the-Fact) PO in Rowdy Exchange. Then, send invoice to disbursements.travel@utsa.edu and reference ATF# for processing of payment.

Why do some vendors appear to be blocked in PeopleSoft?
Vendors or payees in a blocked status have a financial sanction or vendor hold with the state. Vendors must first clear and resolve hold(s) with the state for payment to process successfully. Refer to the following Financial Guidelines: Payment Holds (coming soon) and Texas Prompt Payment Law, section Vendor Hold Procedures.

What is a BEF?
A Business Expense Form (BEF) is a required form used to justify business-related hospitality and entertainment expenditures. Expenses must have a connection with university business and support the institutional mission with a clear business purpose. For a list of allowable expenses and amount thresholds, refer to Business Related Hospitality and Entertainment Expenditures.

How does one remove or delete a voucher no longer needed?
Send an email to Disbursements and Travel Services requesting deletion of voucher. Reference voucher ID and vendor name on email.

What is the turnaround time for direct deposit or ACH payments to process and credit bank accounts?
There is a two-business-day turnaround time from the day voucher or expense report was scheduled and approved for payment in PeopleSoft.

When are payments processed?
Direct Deposit (ACH) payments are processed Monday through Friday, with a two-business-day turnaround for transactions. Check runs occur on Tuesdays and Fridays at noon.

Where should departments send invoices for payment?
Email PO-related invoices to Disbursements and Travel Services. Include a valid PO number on the invoice and receive the goods in Rowdy Exchange to minimize additional payment delays.

Do prepayments require prior approval?
Yes. Prepayments more than $10,000 require prior approval from the assistant vice president of Supply Chain or the DTS director.

What items do I need to have in place before traveling on university business?
Employees traveling on business, whether domestic or foreign, must have an approved travel authorization in place. You must use one of the required travel agencies (Corporate Travel Planners or Anthony Travel) when booking airfare. A One Card must be used to pay for all major expenses, including airfare, hotel, car rental, registration and other incidental expenses. When you return from your trip, you must settle your travel costs within 30 days by processing an expense report. Make sure you link your travel authorization and cash advance, if applicable, to expense report.

How do I cancel a travel authorization if the trip did not take place?
If your trip is cancelled, send an email to Disbursements and Travel Services and request cancellation/deletion of your travel authorization. Reference your travel authorization number and name on the email.

Does UTSA use the required UT System travel and car rental agencies?
UTSA employees must use one of the two UT System required agencies to book airfare: Corporate Travel Planners or Anthony Travel. There are five UT System required car rental agencies: Enterprise/National, Avis/Budget and Hertz.

Can I pay for meal per diems using a One Card?
You cannot use a One Card to pay for meal per diems. Employee travelers may submit a cash advance through the Travel & Expense module 10 business days before travel dates or request reimbursement using an expense report upon return of trip.

How do I pay for my One Card?
Departments must create a non-PO voucher payable to Citibank using vendor 0000011664, location UTSA4 and route for approval. The voucher is due to DTS by the 20th of the month, unless otherwise announced (e.g., internal deadline may change due to holidays).

Can traveling students request a cash advance to pay for meal per diems?
Student travelers may request a cash advance through their department or Cash Advance Responsible Party 10 days before travel dates to pay for meal per diems. Checks must be picked up at Fiscal Services. Cash advances can be issued up to four days in advance from first day of trip. The department must create a single pay voucher and attach a completed travel advance request to the electronic voucher. Use any of the following expense account codes:

  • 62304 – Travel Student Non-Employee
  • 62305 – Travel Student Foreign
  • 62306 – Partial Travel Student Non-Employee
  • 62307 – Partial Travel Student Non-Employee Foreign

How can I book an airfare online?
Employee travelers may setup a UTSA user account with Concur by sending an email to Disbursements and Travel Services requesting a self-registration link.

Who do I contact to obtain the contract identifier for car rental reservations?
Email Disbursements and Travel Services to request the list of UT System contract identifiers car rental agencies.