- About Financial Affairs
- Accounting Services
- Budget and Financial Planning
- Credit Card Administration
- Distribution Services
- Disbursements & Travel Services
- Financial Services
- Fiscal Services
- Grants & Contracts Financial Services
- Payroll Management Services
Payment Policy Information You Need to Know
Before you pay your bill, make sure you understand UTSA’s policies for various payment types.
Check Payment Policy
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize The University of Texas as San Antonio to either:
- Use the information from your check to make a one-time electronic funds transfer from your account
- Process the payment as a check transaction
When information from your check is used to make an electronic funds transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day your payment is received, and you will not receive your check back from your financial institution.
Credit Card Payment Policy
As authorized by Section 54.5011 of the Texas Education Code, students currently incur the credit or debit card convenience fees.
- American Express, Discover, Visa or MasterCard credit card payments are only accepted online via RowdyPay on MyUTSA Account
- A credit card expense charge of 2.50% will be assessed at the time of the transaction
Note: We are not accepting credit card payments in person or over the phone for student tuition and fee payments.
Online Payment Process
Online payments are automatically applied in the following order:
- Oldest payment due date
- Any unpaid balances from previous semesters will be paid first, even if you have a current semester balance
- Priority assigned to each payment item
- Tuition and fees have a higher priority than non-mandatory fees, such as housing and parking
If you would like to make changes to how your payment is applied, contact Fiscal Services by phone or email. If you do not have a preference as to the order that your payment is applied, or if you are paying your balance in full, then no further action is necessary.
Third-party payments are defined as payments received by an outside agency such as Texas Tomorrow Fund, Military or your employer for tuition assistance.
- You must submit a signed and approved form from the outside agency to Fiscal Services Third Party as confirmation of payment for your tuition and fees, prior to the payment deadline.
UTSA will invoice the outside agency directly for the approved amount of tuition and fees listed on the forms you submit. Any remaining balance not covered will become your responsibility.
Please note that these payments do count as financial aid and should be disclosed to One Stop. If you do not disclose this information and aid has already been offered or disbursed, there may be adjustments to your financial aid.